Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

i 'found' a .32long revolver yesterday

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  41mag 
#1 ·
as i was prepping a single wide with tip-out[you know she's an oldie]

a friend of mine owns the land, and the woman abandoned her trailer.

so it's a charity job[funny thing about friends/buddy's] ,but the whole lot will be cleaned off, so i went 'shopping' in the 3 sheds on the property,so i'm rattin' around an find a blued3"barrel tarus6 shooter rusted bad from the hammer/grip[i mean the mainspring housing rusted /swelled so bad it cracked /split some wood on the grips]
i bought a gallon of w-d 40 and soaked it over night[completly]
this morning i went to work on the thing[i had to drill out the side-plate screw-head that lived under the grips] any way she was missing the hand/pawl and spring[would anyone have an insight on parts? my 'smith'
is elk hunting] i have got it back to shooting form[ha! i had to smack the cylinder release with a hammer/wood block to break it free]

i'm thinking it's late 50's/early60's vintage, and has laid out in a box of crap
since the 80's[time lined photo's/letters etc.] with a hole in the roof right over it.
color me strange,but it's me favorite pistola of the evening :beer:

See less See more
#2 ·
Kewl find, give us a range rep when it gets fixed up.

#3 ·
ha! right-on! will do, i think it warrents at least 50 rds. as you have to rotate the cylinder for repete firing,the way it is now!

ha, i was just thinkin', the last gun show i went to, there were 2 ol' cobbs
with about a millon gun parts[old/rusty] sears/hammers/springs ect.

all i thought was they sure had the dis-assembly part down[as they didn't have a complete firearm for sale] hell,i might fit right in with them next time i see em' :dgrin:

#6 ·
It sounds like a fun project!

You just might end up w/nothing but a worthless gun & the satisfaction & pride of rebuilding something that might have just been thrown away.

Good job/luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.