Arms Locker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know I gave a modest donation to the American Red Cross due to the tsunami. For the past few days I have been thinking I made a mistake in having done so. The reasons that I have been second guessing myself are that:

1) Despite the fact they we are aiding their Muslim brothers and sisters (among the many other victims) the Muslim extremists in Iraq have not let up one iota. They have declared no moratorium, no slow down in the violence, no truce and, most of all they have offered no assistance to their own.

2) Indonesia, or was it Ceylon (whoops Sri Lanka now-a-days) turned down all assistance from Israel because they worry that the Muslim in country maybe offended by receiving relief from Jews.

3) Indonesia is virtually covered with rotting corpses - showing these people have no friggin desire to help themselves, moving and burying corpses to prevent an outbreak of disease does not require foreign money, bulldozers, or the Red Cross and other relief agencies. It does require some backbreaking work and these people apparently expect others to do it for them.

4) I am not aware of any of these countries making donations of money, or even condolences, to the victims of 9/11.

5) I am not aware of any of these countries making donations of money, or even good wishes, to the people of Florida in the last year when they were whacked by a record number of hurricanes.

6) These countries are full of Muslims, and probably Muslim extremists, and quite possibly Muslim terrorists.

7) Thailand should have lots of money from the tourist and drug industries. They are one of the major producers of heroin in the world, and sell/export quite a few other illegal substances in very large quantities. They will also gets lots of help from insurance companies, I am sure the big tourist hotels and resorts were insured.

8) Thailand also has another great money maker going for its economy which is in fact one of the reasons it is such a popular tourist spot. Prostitution of young girls and boys makes it a pedophile’s dreamland come true.

9) The picture of the jerk-off wearing the osama bin laden t-shirt that I saw on a web site the other night! He was helping move a victim in Indonesia. Please have someone translate the writing on that shirt and let me know it was a wanted dead or alive poster (no, I don' think that will happen).

10) There was a friggin rich arab in Saudi Arabia who offered the families of 9/11 victims the sum of 100 million dollars. It was not accepted, but where is this guy's offer now?

11) The French goaded Bush into offering more financial assistance to the victims of the tsunami with what may have been a clever ploy on their part. They offered only about $135,000 at first (as reported by Fox News). Then when we lambasted them they upped their offer astronomically. Doesn't anyone else find that very odd. Doesn't anyone else think they were only trying to get us to cough up more. They had to have figured we would beat whatever they offered. (Are they hoping to see us go bankrupt the way we did it to the Soviets but; instead of by way of an Arms Race by way of a Relief Race???)

12) Same thing with the mouthpiece from the UN who called us stingy. We are not stingy, but we are morons to be beguiled by these peckerwoods into giving more than anyone could ever logically and decently expect. (I ask again: Are they hoping to see us go bankrupt the way we did it to the Soviets but; instead of by way of an Arms Race by way of a Relief Race???)

13) This is the real over boiling point one for me, yet it is only a suspicion on my part. Doesn't anyone else think (please tell me this cannot possibly be only me worrying about this) that the body counts supplied by the governments involved keep going up and up, and those corpses are left rotting by those same governments, only in an attempt to get more sympathy; all the while the leaders of those governments knowing that more sympathy will equal more dollars and, some of those dollars will wind up in their pockets!

14) And I finally (no not my final reason to doubt that I should have given, but the last one I'll put here): Doesn't anyone imagine that in the not too distant future our troops, who are giving aid to tsunami victims, will come under terrorist attack while doing so or at least while in the area. We have always been the Great Satan to them, does anyone think our feeding them will make that change, or will it just give them the strength to fight us.

It makes me sick to see what has happened over there even though many of the victims are Muslims. That is part of my Christian upbringing (even though I am not a believer now). Still, I know it is morally right to want to help and to want to help. That is why I made a donation. Yet, there is a strong feeling of cynicism rising up inside of me like a mushroom cloud going off. I am hoping almost beyond reason, I think, that we do not get the shaft once again. This cynical outlook is also part of my upbringing -many times that I have helped, or volunteered, and done the right thing, I have been slapped in the face or kicked in the balls for having done it - that is the right thing - too many times.

America has had likewise happen to her too many times in the past, I hope it is not about to happen again. She had better be on her guard and not forget the price of her Freedom. The price of that Freedom is perpetual vigilance. Lately we seemingly have been letting down our guard as we rush to help our potential enemies. Of course, this is a good deed and is truly morally justified so we do it anyhow. Yet, there is also an old saying that goes: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished. America had better heed it this time around and at least be on her guard. If so many as one of our military people are wounded by a terrorist in any of the effected countries, I say we should pull out immediately, regroup at sea, then hit em hard, hit em fast and make em glow.

Those are the things that make me second guess myself for having given a donation.

Now how do I get a refund from the Red Cross?

All the best,
Glenn Bartley

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The next time you donate blood sneak a couple of towels out of the restroom.
:eatpointe

California earthquake
terrorist attacks on September 11th
Florida hurricanes

The world doesn't care about us."We" can take care of our own.We,apparently,don't even deserve condolences for our tradgedies."We" are the first ones looked to for help($$$)when something/anything happens around the globe.

I say let the four horsemen visit them & set up shop a while.

They'll get naught from me.

There are a few exceptions.Australia & some of Eastern Europe come to mind.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glenn Bartley said:
The Red Cross doesn't give refunds. They will arrogantly use your money for any agenda that they choose just like they did with the 9/11 money. I will never give money or blood to the Red Cross again.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
The Red Cross doesn't give refunds. They will arrogantly use your money for any agenda that they choose just like they did with the 9/11 money. I will never give money or blood to the Red Cross again.

RIKA
RIKA is right. Nor will I ever again donate again.

Once you have donated to the RED CROSS, they put you on their SUCKER LIST. Then the begging begins, repeatedly, for the next year.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
No money out of my own pockets for them, for many of the above reasons. The only country that I would even THINK of giving money to would be Bangledesh. IIRC, after the floods in 1993, they sent a bunch of sandbags to the U.S. OK, it isn't much, but at least they made an attempt.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
If that quake had taken place in the Atlantic Ocean, and the east coast of the USA had been smitten, I wonder what help would have been forthcoming from the rest of the world?

"Help" is apparently a one way street. Aliens come here and send their money earned (or taken via welfare) back home. They come here and get free schooling and training, then either take that expertise back home to use against us, or take jobs here that keep one of us from finding a job. Or they take that training back home, and companies here then outsource their labor needs overseas.

Yeah. Smart thinking on the part of the USA. Outsource all of our manufacturing, technical, and raw material sources to countries that do not have our best interests at heart. It appears that there is an agenda to level the playing field. Which means lowering the standard of living in the USA to third world level. The goal is not to make the rest of the world a better place. It is to reduce us all to a lowest common denominator.

If not already a done deal, we are losing the ability to close the doors and tell everyone else to just go to hell. I am sure it is no accident it is happening this way.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Rich Z said:
It appears that there is an agenda to level the playing field. Which means lowering the standard of living in the USA to third world level. The goal is not to make the rest of the world a better place. It is to reduce us all to a lowest common denominator.

If not already a done deal, we are losing the ability to close the doors and tell everyone else to just go to hell. I am sure it is no accident it is happening this way.
Thats the way it appears to me. Our legislators are not only destroying our jobs but our country as well. Outsourcing? Thats a monstrous problem in the IT industry but they do a double stab in the back and LOWER the immigration barriers to bring IN foreigners to do IT jobs when they can barely speak English. Why? Because they work cheaper.

Okay. I know I'm looking at it from a personal perspective but the way its going any one of you reading this can be replaced by somebody who will work cheaper and do work that will barely pass if at all. I know I have been replaced.

/rant off/

(there I feel better) RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
My personal policy is if I call a customer service or tech support number and get someone who cannot speak PERFECT English, I hang up and call back until I do get someone I can understand. Perhaps part of the buying decision needs to be based on how much the company you buy from supports the USA economy. Or is it too late for that? How many things "Made in the USA" can you still buy today?

Rika, what kind of programming do you do?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
Thats the way it appears to me. Our legislators are not only destroying our jobs but our country as well. Outsourcing? Thats a monstrous problem in the IT industry but they do a double stab in the back and LOWER the immigration barriers to bring IN foreigners to do IT jobs when they can barely speak English. Why? Because they work cheaper.

Okay. I know I'm looking at it from a personal perspective but the way its going any one of you reading this can be replaced by somebody who will work cheaper and do work that will barely pass if at all. I know I have been replaced.

/rant off/

(there I feel better) RIKA
RIKA, you may be looking at it from a personal perspective, however you were affected. That doesn't detract from what you are saying. What you are saying is the truth!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heck and I spent the time to post this as a poll, it didn't work! Oh well...

As for a refund from the R/C I know I would not get one. While my small donation did not surprise me, I surprised myself by donating through them because of what they pulled with the 9/11 money. Thing is I just figured they are all crooks, but now I have heard that a group Doctors Without Borders (probably all flaming leftists too) has made a statement calling for an end to further donations to their particular group because they have reached their goal. Nice to see someone has limits of some sort.

As to all the commotion over the loss of lives in Asia, I'll admit it is terrible, but isn't it amazing how we continually see rotting corpses on the telly. Those pics are being shown to us, brought into our living rooms, by the very same media who refused to show pictures of the jumpers at the WTC on 9/11. The same media who refused to show body parts being uncovered at the landfill on Staten Island when gov't. worker volunteers went through the rubble, the same media who refused to show us the dead at the WTC and in the other areas on 9/11. Do you get the idea that the far left wants us to be able to feel sorry for everyone in the world, except that is for ourselves when tragedy or terrible things happen. I get that feeling for sure. They are so friggin ashamed of being American they cannot exhibit the decency to truly show it as it is when it happens to us.

I donate at work yearly. Money comes out of my pay every payday. I can assure you that is one of the few ways I will ever donate again, and it will be to the select few charities that I usually pick. One is related to Gun Ownership (pro gun ownership of course), another to wildlife conversation (pro hunting of course), another for support of my coworkers in need, and another to a college fund. No more donations to potential enemies no matter how sorry I feel for the kids, hell they are likely to grow up hating us anyhow even if we give to them - that is always the way isn't it.

I was surprised that tonight I heard that they think kids have gone missing in Thailand, kidnapped by slaver, pimps and pedophiles. I guess my comments about Thailand being dreamland for pedophiles has proven all too true even in times like these. Now if someone wanted to send me over there, to assist in a little hunting expedition with pedophiles atop the list, I think I would volunteer one last time before I retire!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
man ,glen! ANOTHER GREAT POST,to your list[you my FRIEND,will hang the gut-pile on the corner post,so to speak!]

i can;t ADD anything! to your's ..or others...that have responded!

although it is a TRAGIC SHAME that has transpierd over there,in a HEARTLESS way,i felt ABOUT GODAMN TIME THE EARTH WAS SHOOK!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hammer,

Thanks. And yes sometimes I wonder if I have a bit of Vlad the Impaler in my blood, cause it would not just be the guts on that corner post! Man if only they let me hunt down some of those pedophiles you would see some fine 'heads' on those fence posts.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well maybe small heads anyhow......

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Rich Z said:
Rika, what kind of programming do you do?
AS400 platform, RPG400, RPG4. Also do work on the obsolete machines that nobody wants to work on like the Sys/38 and Sys/36 but theres not much work there.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
RPG? As in Report Program Generator (or some such)? I didn't know that was still around. I still like my spaghetti programs in assembly! :dgrin:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
As for the actual topic of the thread. I've been burn plenty of time giving to these "big-name" charities. I won't do it anymore. I'll donate to local charities where I can keep tabs on them (and I do). You know, local people who actually DID something for people after the hurricanes and such. Actually FEED the hungry, even if they aren't minorities. . .
I think it's funny, earthquakes, hurricanes and the space shuttle flying apart were all "judgements of allah" against us. Hmmmm, looks like "allah" just shoved one right up their pooper. And you're right Glenn, they're leaving rotting corpses and trash all over the place in order to line their pockets with cash. If they're too stupid, lazy and greedy to at least TRY to clean themselves up, they deserve what they get. Hell it'd be a big step towards making me sympathetic if they showed dozens of people with shovels burying the dead (event hough they couldn't hope to kkep up), they'd at least be trying.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum88C said:
RPG? As in Report Program Generator (or some such)? I didn't know that was still around. I still like my spaghetti programs in assembly! :dgrin:
Actually RPG400 and RPG4 doesn't resemble the old RPG1 & 2 much anymore (very sophisticated) except for the name. You can use many other languages on the 400 also; very versatile machine. The Sys/36 is programmed only in RPG2.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Raider said:
AS400 platform, RPG400, RPG4. Also do work on the obsolete machines that nobody wants to work on like the Sys/38 and Sys/36 but theres not much work there.

RIKA
Rats. Too bad. I am always looking for help with some of the off the wall ideas I have for my websites. I have programmers here and there helping me with stuff I don't have time to tackle. My background is in database programming and such, but just don't have the time for the tedium any longer. I have a guy finishing up a new banner ad program for me right at the moment. But that is written in PHP using MySQL for the backend.

Hope you can find work to keep things going for you.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The concensus that everyone seems to have reached here disturbs me.
It isnt fair to say that the red cross or the world in general doesnt care when americans die. People all over the world were shocked deeply by 9/11; I dont know how fox "news" handles these kinds of things but when the planes hit there were correspondents for the CBC all over the world with all kinds of different peoples reactions, including England, Canada, America, Australia, Russia, a few african countries, and Isreal. Everyone thought it was a terrible tragedy. Canada gave a hell of a lotta blood, too, including my family. And the red cross was in all of the hurricane struck areas; its their job to be. I know someone who was there personally.

As for the comments regarding the countries involved, and muslims...

Well, the bodies are going underground for the most part, but its not nearly as simple as it sounds. New bodies are being dragged out all the time from the water and under wreckage, and I would imagine that it would be really hard to get body bags for all of them. They have to be I.D.'d, etc., and then yes, they are shoved in mass graves, as sad as it is.

It is true that Thailand has a major problem when it comes to children in bad situations. But its a dangerous generalization. Thats like saying that America has many gun related deaths, so if you give to 911 victims your effectively shooting someone. Its kindof a random leap.

As for muslims... a few of my better friends are muslims; they dont really look like turban wearing terrorists to me. But anyway, extremism is bred in desperate conditions; if someone is opressed or hungry or poor, they are likely to become extremists of some kind, and often yes, they will take up arms and strike at what they hate. I figure by spreading a bit more food and opportunity around the planet, there wouldnt be nearly as much bloodshed...

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. the only organization I am a member of is Ducks Unlimited. If a natural disaster or something comes along, its easy enough just to give a bit for the express purpose. For local charity, its infinately more effective and more rewarding for me to go and do the work myself. Cooking at a soup kitchen sucks, but it goes well on a resume.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts