Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in S Cal. Answered an ad in paper for "30 Carbine", 1984, figured it might be worth the price, IF lots of spare mags, folding stock or ammo was involved, Guy said he had "dozens of clips". Larry asked him if they were 15 or 30 rders. Guy said clips hold 8 rds. Larry asked him if clips loaded from bottom of gun, or from top. Guy said top, Laryy said:' Ill be right over". :) I shot this rifle, it was a very fast handling gun, not that bad in recoil, even from prone and with the steel buttplate.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I've heard that the Tanker Garand is quite a nice rifle if set up properly.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Smoking deal :beer:

Reminds me of the time when a buddy of mine scored a deal like that.

Some chick was really pissed off at her live-in boyfriend who had taken off for a couple of days to go party - without her.

So, she decided to sell that 'icky black gun' he kept in the closet. It's been a while, I think the selling price was like $500.

For that price he scored a mint condition, pre-ban HK91, decked out with the bipod, scope, mags, ammo, etc.

My guess was that her boyfriend was not a happy camper when he got home.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Deals

Deals like that come about once in a lifetime. Mine was at a garage sale, no less. I saw a revolver and shotgun in the yard, so I ambled over. The revolver was a Rossi .38, not my style. The other was a Remington 870. They both had price tags of $125.00. Pretty good for Remington, but I have enough shotguns, and it looked pretty beat. The owner asked me if I was intersted in guns and of course I said yes. He said he had one more in the house for sale. I walked in and saw a BSA 7 MM Magnum with a Bushnell 3X9 scope mounted on it. A hard case was there, plus two boxes of Hornady ammunition. I slipt the bolt to find a perfect bore. The action was smooth as any bolt I have ever felt. The wood had a small scratch near the butt where someone had attached an ill fitting recoil pad. As offhand as I could I asked the owner how much for the package. He said, you guessed it, $125.00! Apparently all guns were worth $125.00! He took a check, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts