Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
feasible to carry a pistol, even in "woods", cause you STILL get hassled, and it's STILL just a pointless 5 more lbs, and a lot of carrying hassle, over the 1.5 lb pistol. U guys dont even understand the BASICS. If it aint big game season, which is about 1-2 weeks nearly everywhere, there's no reason to BOTHER with the rifle. Except for the fact that you can't stalk or shoot well enough with the pistol, that is.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
So explain the basics to us!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You are missing the point tweedledum. We carry the rifle because we want to and legally can. You are the one who has to skulk around with your cobbled up POS because you can't have a good gun.

We win. You lose. As usual.

RIKA

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hunting season runs from Sept.1 till Feb.31 somewhere in WY, right now all five in my family have 3 doe/fawn "additionals" for 2 mule deer and 1 antelope (thats 15 head total for the math challenged JD). We will all soon have "general" licences for deer, antelope and elk (another 15 head should we all tag out, the deer and antelope are certains, depends on who goes elk hunting this year for the elk). That doesn't count my usual "spring bear" hunt (I almost always score, if i find a good enough bear) and if we happen to draw moose or sheep tags. I shouldn't leave out big and little cats during the winter and assorted varmints.

If we thought that wasn't enough killing for one year, we could buy more doe/fawn "additionals" in other counties left over after the draw, there are always a bunch sold over the counter.

I have been doing this for 25 years JD, except a few exceptions when I was at war (the best hunting experience to date) and couldn't get leave. JD if you started now you would never come close to the amount of real hunting experience I have in the US. I've been to Africa 3 times ( a buddy owns a hunting concession there), going next year with my boys for plains game if everythings works out right.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Dumbkid can't carry ANY gun at ANY time.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
andy said:
feasible to carry a pistol, even in "woods", cause you STILL get hassled, and it's STILL just a pointless 5 more lbs, and a lot of carrying hassle, over the 1.5 lb pistol. U guys dont even understand the BASICS. If it aint big game season, which is about 1-2 weeks nearly everywhere, there's no reason to BOTHER with the rifle. Except for the fact that you can't stalk or shoot well enough with the pistol, that is.

Naaaaah, man! Mine stays with me all the time in the woods. Even when I'm back at camp having a sandwich, it' never more than three steps away. That's one of the beauties of a practical rifle. Yep, the same adage about better to have a carryable handgun on you than one that's not carryable not on you. Same applies to the rifle. Rifle season here runs from 11-15 through 1-31, and I'm in the woods a lot more than that; it's with me even when planting and scouting. Also opportunities and needs can arise at much more than pistol ranges!

I guess it's like this - handgun or rifle - it's a fire extinguisher; better to have it than not when you need it. Carry the most powerful, reliable, and controlable one you can, check it's mechanics and load regularly to be sure it'll work if you need it, and be familiar enough with it to know where the stream will go when you set it off.

Regards,
Jon

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
There's game and varmints in season 365 days a year in AZ. There is always something that is legal to shoot, from rabbits to elk, something is huntable every single day (legally).

There big game seasons from august through december, and fur bearing and predators year round (with a few species specific exceptions), small game is year round, and this is an open carry state.

the only one with any fears about being hassled is you, because you cannot legally handle a firearm.

You keep inventing "facts" that well, are not true (which could make them lies - but I'm willing to concede wishful thinking on your part)

Skip the drama for a change.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Actually Andy,I do carry a handgun when I go hunting.I rarely carry a long gun.Here in Mi the land is wooded & the ranges are short.I have no desire-nor do I need to -shoot accross fields.There is an overabundance of deer here & I haven't,as yet,had the desire to go "up north"to hunt bears.Elk season is,shall I say,limited.There aren't any wild piggies to speak of.I'm confident in my ability to hit w/both by Blackhawk 41 & my MKII.
Now,when I start making the trek out west then I'll carry a rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts