Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful sunny days ... the crape myrtles are blooming ... sweet smell of honeysuckle ... wild blackberrys ripe for makin' cobbler ... silver queen corn fresh off the stalk ... vine ripened tomatoes ... then there's those beautiful sun-tanned GRITS :D

This is truly God's country.

... but it's hot as a muther :cool:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Its hot as hades most anywhere in the South but I love it too. Think I'll spread a towel in the backyard and catch some sun in a little while. Late this afternoon, a couple of Dad's friends are coming over. I invited Jack so he can meet them; they should get along well. There will be ice cold beer and I'll cook hamburgers and broiled onion rings to go with cold cucumber dills and potato chips. We'll have pecan pie for dessert. Good company, good food and drink. What more could you ask for.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
in addition to his many other fine qualities, Melvin (Andy/223 Fan / gun Kid/ hardin / the man/uber idiot) is a racist.

Heck, you would expect anything less, given all the other fine qualities he has that we all admire so much?

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
You left out mention of that one truly marveloous Southern Cullinary treat: Bar-b-que.

I love southern bar-b-que. You just can't find it here. (When I visit family in florida, Sonny's is one of the first tourist type things I insist on - and it isn't a tourist place, it's a barb-b-que place!)

Hmmm. bar-b-que.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Aslan, I'm thinking that you mean the slow smoked open pit pork bar-b-que served with coleslaw on a slightly toasted bun. Only in the great Southeast can you get great eating like that. Yummm. Makes me homesick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: less bugs, less blacks, less Bible thumpers.

I am a Christian, but I don't thump my Bible. :confused: However, being mostly Christian and conservative is another great thing about the South I forgot to mention.

Ahhhh ... bar-b-que and fish camps ... great southern eating. :D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Raider said:
What more could you ask for.

Less beer. ...and less smoking in restuarants.
KJ

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Raider said:
Its hot as hades most anywhere in the South but I love it too.

Back in 1996, most of the South was covered in a giant ice storm. Everybody started cheering because they thought that the New Orleans Saints had won a game and Hell froze over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts