Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the self actualized psychopath. I score 30-35 (out of 40) on the test for psychopathy (depending upon how I feel) but I function at a very high level for relationships and responsibility, too. strange combo, eh? Sort of like being very much into group shooting (I admit I love it) and also a nut about ccw fast draw. Those 2 lines just don't cross in very many people.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
At least you got the psychopath part right.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
You realize (or maybe you don't...) that the dictionary definition of 'psychopathy' starts off with the phrase "a mental disorder". You're admitting - and bragging about - having a mental disorder. Not my words, the dictionary's.

The lines of "pyromaniac" and "boy scout leader" rarely intersect either. Doesn't make the former any less sad, sick, and stupid.

When I was young, I actually thought I was a borderline sociopath, simply because of how little I let other people's opinions, or even feelings, sway me. Turned out I actually had somewhat of a detached personality disorder; probably due to the massively dysfunctional family life my parents (who hated each other) couldn't help but create. I got over it partly thru self-discipline (reading, studying, and intentional habit-building) and largely thru my wife's awesome family. I still am pretty much unswayed by others' opinions & feelings, but it's based on logic; with kindness and tolerance, without animosity and without the narcissism that most mental disorders associate with.

As you mature, you grow and change. If you never grow or change, it simply means you've never matured. Might think about that undeniable law of nature.

Reactions: Garand

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Prove that you were in Rhodesia, where did you place, what was your score, who came first, which team came first, where did your team place?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts