Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go and also says that a .22lr variant of the AR is a great trainer. Well, you can't carry two rifles and a pack for shtf. Why be without the .22lr option? It only costs you 3/4 lb, $200, and a few bucks for subsonic ammo, maybe a lb of it, 100 rds of the 60 gr Aquila. Wth would you not want the 22lr option, for quiet foraging, removal of scouts/sentries, dogs? Beats hell out of having sonic crack call in enemies, or running out of centerfire ammo.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
He now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go and also says that a .22lr variant of the AR is a great trainer. Well, you can't carry two rifles and a pack for shtf. Why be without the .22lr option? It only costs you 3/4 lb, $200, and a few bucks for subsonic ammo, maybe a lb of it, 100 rds of the 60 gr Aquila. Wth would you not want the 22lr option, for quiet foraging, removal of scouts/sentries, dogs? Beats hell out of having sonic crack call in enemies, or running out of centerfire ammo.
You ever going to stop repeating the same old tired crap? What's 3/4 of a pound? What's $200.00? I see you got your drug re-supply, your talking your usual drug induced repeated bullshit.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Where did he say that? I’ve heard him say the ideal ar barrel length is 18 inch, not 10 inch. In fact he said “you lose a lot of the versatility, lethality and incapacitation of the rifle” with an sbr barrel length in 556 caliber. He once said that down to a 16” would be okay, but never heard him recommend anything shorter than that, for anyone who actually has the physical strength to use a carbine-length gun.

He bought his wife an 11.5” ar pistol to train with, solely because an actual carbine was too heavy for her to use in long-duration training sessions. (If that’s an issue for you, it’s good to realize it and work around it. Personally I can handle a real carbine; ymmv.) But he emphasized that the ar pistol was for training sessions only, where the time frame she’d be using it would be long enough that the weight of her “real gun” would be an issue. He specifically said that for actual home-defense use, the rifle would be what was used by her.

He’s even said that if you do have a shorter barrel, make sure you have special ammo to account for the reduced capabilities, and your recommendation of staggered 60-grain sp’s and m855 do not fit that description at all. In fact, he says the m855 is about the worst choice, and personally I agree completely with that.

He also said the ideal sighting system is a red dot with flip-away magnifier, not the lpvo you recommend. (Personally, I’m okay with either.)

To go further down the rabbit hole, he says the three best bugout/survival rifles are two different versions of the ruger 10-22, and an accessorized ruger charger. All three of them with red dots, and all three of them being dedicated, rimfire-only guns.

So again, where does he say that an sbr 223 with a silencer is ideal? Because if he actually did, I’d genuinely be interested to hear it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You ever going to stop repeating the same old tired crap? What's 3/4 of a pound? What's $200.00? I see you got your drug re-supply, your talking your usual drug induced repeated bullshit.
He'll never stop tenderizing dead horse flesh.🙄

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
If you have your wife or other family properly kitted out, during a WROL scenario, you would have at least 2 rifles with you! Who says you are stuck walking, only an idiot would choose movement by foot as your first option. Depending your location, and the situation you might have a car, an SUV, a quad, a horse, a bike, etc. Never limit yourself, only an idiot would do that.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Where did he say that?

...So again, where does he say that an sbr 223 with a silencer is ideal? Because if he actually did, I’d genuinely be interested to hear it.
Hello? Paging gunkid; paging gunkid...

Come on, John. Where did you "notice" him "admitting" this?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

In his little fantasy world.
I'm not sure which yeager he's talking about but if the dude mentioned one use of a 10 5" barrel our Excitable Boy is probably hopping up and down taking it out of context to support his SHTFantasy weapon of choice.
I'm amazed he hasn't brought up the MK18 used by some special ops units. But it's not the only weapon they have to choose from.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts

Boati...Boati...Bueller...Bueller...?

You've posted numerous times since doing this drive-by. How about providing the source you claim? Where did you "notice" Yeager "admitting" this?

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Again - where did you see James Yeager recommending an SBR-length 223 with a silencer as "the way to go"...?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Fighting with a .22 is generally what is known as a very bad idea. If things go sideways, like you thought there was two, but there were more, etc. You are dead. Why are you removing sentries? what possible scenario are you talking about? Are there warlords? what about Generals? Kings? I know! its a Kahn! Are you planning on assaulting some place by yourself?

Why can't you carry two rifles and a pack? Seriously? you simply attach one to the pack and that's that. I've carried a bow with a rifle strapped to my pack and vice versa. That you can't, either means you're weak or you have a crappy pack. Again, good gear is always a better choice than crappy gear. My goto pack to live out of is a Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80. You can use a bolt action, like in the picture, or even an AR style rifle. (I've done it with both)

not my picture, but:

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Again - where did you see James Yeager recommending an SBR-length 223 with a silencer as "the way to go"...?
Boati - I've been asking this question for three days - right here in the thread where you brought it up - and even though you've posted numerous times in the interim, the fact that you have no actual reference for where it happened, leads to the conclusion that it never happened.

Why do you constantly insist on posting stuff that's so easily seen as untrue? Because if you had a source, you would be able to cite that source. But you don't, do you?

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Been asking for four days now, and still no response from the guy making the claim.

BUT...

Here you go, John - something that James Yeager actually did say:
"If you really want to get the most out of a rifle with a can on it, I believe that .300 Blackout offers you the most versatility of any round."

So if his recommendation of a silenced SBR is enough for you to claim a coattail endorsement of your choice, then logic dictates that you actually choose the silenced SBR in the caliber he recommends.

But then again, you haven't been able to show anyplace where he recommends a shorty 223 with a suppressor on it either; so logic, truth and consistency are kind if irrelevant to you anyway aren't they? Come on, John. Quit sulking like a petulant child and show us where he said what you claim he did. Bet you can't.

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Been asking for four days now, and still no response from the guy making the claim.

BUT...

Here you go, John - something that James Yeager actually did say:

So if his recommendation of a silenced SBR is enough for you to claim a coattail endorsement of your choice, then logic dictates that you actually choose the silenced SBR in the caliber he recommends.

But then again, you haven't been able to show anyplace where he recommends a shorty 223 with a suppressor on it either; so logic, truth and consistency are kind if irrelevant to you anyway aren't they? Come on, John. Quit sulking like a petulant child and show us where he said what you claim he did. Bet you can't.
it's too modern of a cartridge for him. And using it doesn't cripple a short barreled rifle. He likes to start out as crippled as possible with his gear.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
He will never admit that he made it up to make himself look like he knows something others don't. Since he was caught out he'll go and hide or he'll pretend that he never posted it.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
I know; I don’t expect to make any progress with him anymore. It’s been more than 20 years he’s been posting insanity on the net. Only difference now is that there are now Internet sources (like Yeager, Henrichs, McNamara, etc) that he can arbitrarily claim validate and agree with him, where 20 years ago there weren’t.

I’m mostly hoping that by calling him out on lies and stupidity it may prevent lurkers or those new to guns from following stupid advice that might momentarily sound smart on the surface. Following his advice could easily get someone killed or imprisoned for no reason.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Calling gunkid/boati/andy/bueller...
I asked this question four days ago, I asked it three days ago, I asked it two days ago, and I asked it again one day ago.

You've posted on this board numerous times in those four days, but you're too timid to participate in a conversation that you yourself started? That's pretty weak.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Where did he say that? I’ve heard him say the ideal ar barrel length is 18 inch, not 10 inch. In fact he said “you lose a lot of the versatility, lethality and incapacitation of the rifle” with an sbr barrel length in 556 caliber. He once said that down to a 16” would be okay, but never heard him recommend anything shorter than that, for anyone who actually has the physical strength to use a carbine-length gun...

...So again, where does he say that an sbr 223 with a silencer is ideal? Because if he actually did, I’d genuinely be interested to hear it.
Asking for seven days now. Crawfish are gonna crawfish, I guess.

To anyone reading from the sidelines, please don't think too harshly of me for ragging on the angry retarded kid on the bus. I just really hate the idea of someone hurting themselves (eg, using a centerfire-rifle silencer filled with window screen, a foot or so from their face), unintentionally neutering their defensive guns, or ending up in jail due to taking at face value the lies and tripe that JMD has been posting on the net for 20+ years now.

Reactions: BigBassMan

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Do you think you will ever get a sensible answer or any answer from him? Maybe that 2 hours out in the 40 degree weather froze that last remaining brain cell. ANYBODY in the world that would listen to him or take his stupid advice deserves what they get.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
...ANYBODY in the world that would listen to him or take his stupid advice deserves what they get.
Probably, but I'm very glad I haven't always 'gotten what I deserved'. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts