Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

I notice yeager admits that I"m correct.

3K views 57 replies 8 participants last post by  BigEd 
#1 ·
He now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go and also says that a .22lr variant of the AR is a great trainer. Well, you can't carry two rifles and a pack for shtf. Why be without the .22lr option? It only costs you 3/4 lb, $200, and a few bucks for subsonic ammo, maybe a lb of it, 100 rds of the 60 gr Aquila. Wth would you not want the 22lr option, for quiet foraging, removal of scouts/sentries, dogs? Beats hell out of having sonic crack call in enemies, or running out of centerfire ammo.

#2 ·
You ever going to stop repeating the same old tired crap? What's 3/4 of a pound? What's $200.00? I see you got your drug re-supply, your talking your usual drug induced repeated bullshit.

Reactions: BigEd
#3 ·
Where did he say that? I’ve heard him say the ideal ar barrel length is 18 inch, not 10 inch. In fact he said “you lose a lot of the versatility, lethality and incapacitation of the rifle” with an sbr barrel length in 556 caliber. He once said that down to a 16” would be okay, but never heard him recommend anything shorter than that, for anyone who actually has the physical strength to use a carbine-length gun.

He bought his wife an 11.5” ar pistol to train with, solely because an actual carbine was too heavy for her to use in long-duration training sessions. (If that’s an issue for you, it’s good to realize it and work around it. Personally I can handle a real carbine; ymmv.) But he emphasized that the ar pistol was for training sessions only, where the time frame she’d be using it would be long enough that the weight of her “real gun” would be an issue. He specifically said that for actual home-defense use, the rifle would be what was used by her.

He’s even said that if you do have a shorter barrel, make sure you have special ammo to account for the reduced capabilities, and your recommendation of staggered 60-grain sp’s and m855 do not fit that description at all. In fact, he says the m855 is about the worst choice, and personally I agree completely with that.

He also said the ideal sighting system is a red dot with flip-away magnifier, not the lpvo you recommend. (Personally, I’m okay with either.)

To go further down the rabbit hole, he says the three best bugout/survival rifles are two different versions of the ruger 10-22, and an accessorized ruger charger. All three of them with red dots, and all three of them being dedicated, rimfire-only guns.

So again, where does he say that an sbr 223 with a silencer is ideal? Because if he actually did, I’d genuinely be interested to hear it.

#5 ·
If you have your wife or other family properly kitted out, during a WROL scenario, you would have at least 2 rifles with you! Who says you are stuck walking, only an idiot would choose movement by foot as your first option. Depending your location, and the situation you might have a car, an SUV, a quad, a horse, a bike, etc. Never limit yourself, only an idiot would do that.

#12 ·
Boati - I've been asking this question for three days - right here in the thread where you brought it up - and even though you've posted numerous times in the interim, the fact that you have no actual reference for where it happened, leads to the conclusion that it never happened.

Why do you constantly insist on posting stuff that's so easily seen as untrue? Because if you had a source, you would be able to cite that source. But you don't, do you?

#11 ·
He now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go and also says that a .22lr variant of the AR is a great trainer. Well, you can't carry two rifles and a pack for shtf. Why be without the .22lr option? It only costs you 3/4 lb, $200, and a few bucks for subsonic ammo, maybe a lb of it, 100 rds of the 60 gr Aquila. Wth would you not want the 22lr option, for quiet foraging, removal of scouts/sentries, dogs? Beats hell out of having sonic crack call in enemies, or running out of centerfire ammo.
Fighting with a .22 is generally what is known as a very bad idea. If things go sideways, like you thought there was two, but there were more, etc. You are dead. Why are you removing sentries? what possible scenario are you talking about? Are there warlords? what about Generals? Kings? I know! its a Kahn! Are you planning on assaulting some place by yourself?

Why can't you carry two rifles and a pack? Seriously? you simply attach one to the pack and that's that. I've carried a bow with a rifle strapped to my pack and vice versa. That you can't, either means you're weak or you have a crappy pack. Again, good gear is always a better choice than crappy gear. My goto pack to live out of is a Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80. You can use a bolt action, like in the picture, or even an AR style rifle. (I've done it with both)

not my picture, but:

#15 ·
He will never admit that he made it up to make himself look like he knows something others don't. Since he was caught out he'll go and hide or he'll pretend that he never posted it.

#16 ·
I know; I don’t expect to make any progress with him anymore. It’s been more than 20 years he’s been posting insanity on the net. Only difference now is that there are now Internet sources (like Yeager, Henrichs, McNamara, etc) that he can arbitrarily claim validate and agree with him, where 20 years ago there weren’t.

I’m mostly hoping that by calling him out on lies and stupidity it may prevent lurkers or those new to guns from following stupid advice that might momentarily sound smart on the surface. Following his advice could easily get someone killed or imprisoned for no reason.

#22 ·
You opened this discussion sixteen days ago with the claim that James Yeager "now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go". From the first day, I've politely asked over and over where you saw that, and you refuse to say where it was.

So, where did you see it? I'd genuinely like to read or listen to his thoughts on the subject. You know, the subject that you brought up, without any prompting from anyone else here.

#25 ·
We should start answering all his posts: What about the Yeager question?

Reactions: Garand
#29 ·
I'm willing to bet a beer that he has gotten himself arrested again

#30 ·
Maybe someone reviewed all his crazy statements about blowing up spacecraft on the launch pad and setting the national forests in fire. You know all that sort of garbage inspired by The Turner Diarrheas.

And that won him an all expenses paid trip to Club Gitmo or a similar facility here in the states.

#33 ·
Is there half a dozen posts wanting your input? no, but there is for me. wonder why that is, hmm?
Because you post lies and then refuse to reply in your own topics. I've been asking for your input for almost eight weeks now, on a topic you yourself started, but you refuse to answer. Once again, where did you see James Yeager recommending an SBR-length 223 with a silencer as "the way to go"...?

Still waiting for your input, on your own topic.

#36 ·
when and where did he say this?

and you certainly can carry two rifles and a pack - I've done it. I've also carried a rifle and a bow and a pack. you keep stating things as facts that are false. I posted a picture above - You have a talent for being wrong with great authority. You never acknowledge you were wrong or mistaken. you simply run away and hide. Well, things just keep bubbling up for others to see...

#37 ·
...wrong with great authority...
Well said.

Much like the over-the-top, emotion-based televangelists and politicians whom he claims to despise (while simultaneously emulating), it's constant and adamant pontification, without any real facts or evidence. Also emulating the nazis, 'repeatedly telling a lie loud enough and often enough', hoping to get it accepted as truth.

JMD - don't you find it embarrassing that the people whose actions you claim to despise, are the same people whose actions you mimic...?

#39 ·
He is ignoring this question - something anyone visiting this site can see. He claims to do things for the "new visitors" so they can see his wisdom. I wonder what the visitors think about this? He makes a bold claim, then runs away from it when pressed. I know what my reaction would have been if I wasn't already here when the statement was made. His reputation has been negatively enhanced - again.

#41 ·
JMD - Been asking this same question for four months now. A question specifically about a topic that YOU chose to bring up. You say you saw this; I'm simply asking 'where', so I can go see it to.

So again: Where did you see James Yeager recommending an SBR-length 223 with a silencer as "the way to go"...? You brought the subject up. Why do you avoid it?

#42 ·
I notice yeager admits that I"m correct.

He now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go...
Where did he say that?...

...So again, where does he say that an sbr 223 with a silencer is ideal? Because if he actually did, I’d genuinely be interested to hear it.
Still waiting. Been asking this same question, in the thread you started on the topic, for more than four months now; and still nothing more than cowardly avoidance of the very conversation that you started.

That's pretty sad.

#43 ·
Twenty weeks ago, you started a conversation with this statement:
I notice yeager admits that I"m correct. He now says a shorty AR in 223 with a can on it is the way to go...

And for twenty weeks now I've asked "where did you see this?":
Where did he say that?...

...So again, where does he say that an sbr 223 with a silencer is ideal? Because if he actually did, I'd be genuinely interested to hear it.
And for the entire twenty weeks since your opening statement, you've refused to participate in your own conversation. Why is that?

If you start a conversation with the opening line of "I notice that Mark Levin admits that he saw Bigfoot", it's perfectly reasonable (and frankly inevitable) for someone to ask "Where did he say that?" But you refuse to answer the simple question about your own claim. Is it possible that your claim is simply fabricated? That James Yeager never really recommended a suppressed SBR-length 223 as "the way to go" for defensive use? Or did you actually see him making this recommendation?

Again I simply ask - where did you 'notice' James Yeager 'admitting' that about a suppressed, short-barrel 223 firearm? If it was a simple mistake of getting him mixed up with someone else, that's okay. I've done that as has everybody else. Please tell us where you saw this, whether it was Yeager or whoever.

#45 ·
He'll never respond. Pathological liars will never admit to a lie. The most they'll do is try to cover it with another lie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.