Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was "high firer" in my entire brigade. That's how I got a weekend pass from basic, Ft Leonard Wood, MO, to my home in Gillespie, Ill. That's how I was able to get the 2 handguns thru the rest of basic and AIT. low achievers like garand and terry wouldn't know anything about the perks that come with really high levels of ability.

· Registered
5,680 Posts
Anyone who believes this, please say so.

· Registered
10,958 Posts
I find that hard to believe Melvin, but from '86 to '90 the base I was posted to sponsored me shooting IPSC with 10,000 rds of 9mm Ball a year and the services of the Base Armourer. So anything is possible.

· Banned
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't see one of the silouette targets (of several at 300m or so) I flipped the switch to full auto by accident on one of the targets, costing me 2 more rds. They effed me a bunch of rds on the 50 yd night fire, cause the system of electronic targets messed up, so they gave everyone 5 hits, when I'd acheived all 10 "kills" (no luminous sights, no moon) I dont think I had any misses, but some of the electronic targets were so shot up, the bullets often hit nothing. That was why I took all head shots on the 10m, half size torsos, 3 seconds each, for the "quick kill" bs. Should have been 1.5 seconds. I'd have been the only one scoring any points. :) Did this as a lefty, too, flipping off the safety with my thumb, the switching my grasp on the pistol grip. Had never seen an AR before I joined the army, but I got my rifle cleaned a lot faster than everyone else, ( 'cause I knew to take Hoppe's with me when I came back from my weekend pass) So I got in a lot of gunhandling practice in the barracks. Everyone else was trying to clean their M16 with that bs white oil! :)

· Registered
5,680 Posts
. Everyone else was trying to clean their M16 with that bs white oil! :)[/QUOTE]I would such an incredible marksman would know "that bs white oil" was LSA. Lubricant, Small Arms. Your a liar.

· Registered
5,680 Posts
How did you outshoot an entire Brigade and wind up with a Marksman Qualification on your DD214?

· Banned
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dunno where he got that. He's always coming up with retarded "info". I got expert with rifle, marksman was with the .45, cause I had a complete pos 1911 for that run. I"d scored a 180 out of 200 on the bulleseye part of the qual, and guys who'd shot were raking pine needles. A guy who "boloed" got to use both hands on the gun the next run. So I deliberately missed all 20 silohuettes. Next run, different gun and all I could do was hit the siluhettes with it. If they had had a "master" rating with the rifle, that's what I'd have been given, believe it.

· Registered
10,958 Posts

· Registered
5,680 Posts
They do/did pistol shooting in basic some places? I did basic at Benning, not Leonard Wood, but we never shot handgun there at all.
Ft. Bragg had no pistol shooting in Basic in 1968, nor did any Basic Training post that I've ever heard of. I can just see Melvin scurrying around trying to phony up his DD214. Night Fire and Quick Kill as part of Basic Training Marksmanship Qualification, yeah right. In Advanced Infantry Training we did both forms of that training a lot, but it WAS NOT part of M-16 Qualification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.