Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the figurative sense, not literaly. My Wife buy's me a firearm of some sort every Christmas. When times's were lean it might be a $39.95 8MM Turkish Mauser. As credit's increased and the debit's dropped, Browning BAR's and Colt 2nd Generation SAA pistol's began appearing. Now, my Wife is a smart woman. A experienced teacher with a Master's degree in education, but she is not a "gun person". About a week before Christmas she asked for my wish list and as I was going out the door I said a 9MM Luger. What's that? She asked. Here's where I screwed up. "It's WWII German Army pistol, I said. I want very good condition. The local dealer will know what it is. 9MM Luger is the caliber." Come Christmas Day the familiar heavy package was presented to me and I opened it and found a Walther P-38, of course in 9MM LUGER. My mistake was saying WWII pistol. The Luger was really a WWI pistol that was used in WWII. My fault entirely. No I did NOT let on!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You have just gotten a NEAT piece of history. :beer: Nope, not a Parabellum but that can come on your birthday or as an anytime gift. Enjoy it Terry. You're lucky to have someone who loves you so much.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Well if you ever really do shoot yourself in the foot, I have it on good authority that all you have to do is pour scalding water onto the wound. Gunkid said it worked for him!!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You have a good wife Terry and a good wife is priceless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts