Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
talking for hundreds of hours to top hands in this biz. Bill, Bob, Ken, Mike, Milt, Bruce, Ray, Leonard, Mickey,Rick, Mass. I lived with some of them for 3 days and we talked constantly. I've had scores of letters from Jeff, too. I have read scores of gun books, many hundreds of gun mags, fired nearly 1/4 million rds, competed in over 150 combat rifle and pistol matches. I designed and ran several dozen of them myself. I"ve now had 13 years of scouring the net for gun, shooting and survival info. I've had 100 hours per week, 18 years of prison, to think about virtually nothing else.

All THAT is why my knowledge-base is do deep and wide and comes so easily to me. I've got you "outnumbered" by a factor of at least 100 to 1. I saw thru the religion bs, with no coaching or reading about it, when I was 12 years old, for instance. I saw thru govt bs, with the help of gun mag reading, by the time I was 16. Who else would DARE to do the things I've done? :) You'd have to be completely out of your mind to take those risks. I admit that I was, I got away with most of it thru luck, ruthlessness, and being sharp/fast/not trusting people. When I DID trust people, it was almost always a mistake. A couple of members here being conspicuous exceptions. They know who they are.

Who else, in the gun community/forums, has made silencers and hunted with them? Who else has been on the run? Who else has escaped custody,dealt dope, or run guns? Who else has lived in a van for 2 years, all seasons? Who else has been in prison for 18 years, watching and listening to those you are scared of run their yaps and do their fighting? Who else has the experience with the "just-us" system? Who else is a black belt, having taught scores of people? Who else has spent most spare time, age 12-14, throwing a knife and practicing swift ccw draws? Who else had to sneak his guns around his family, sneak into woods to hunt? Who else can type 60 wpm and has all this experience and info at his command? I'm not bragging, just stating the facts. Those are my "bonafides' and why I think and say what I do.

This stuff has been my lifeblood for almost 50 years now. so of COURSE I'm ahead of you. It would be very strange if i wasnt. I've never had kids, until recently, didn't want any and I made sure to bypass the diapers, screaming and potty training. :) I've had very little in the way of spending time or money on women or much of anything else, other than guns, hunting and shooting.

. I have always been insightful and contrarian. So of course I see the irrationalities and self-serving bs in others. I seek to sell you nothing at all. I couldn't care less what you think, say, buy or do. Nobody is forced to read my stuff. Most can't RESIST doing so, tho, cause they know from past experience that I write tons of good stuff, and link them to a lot more of the same.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was making $6 an hour at the time. 1979. The gun stuff was paid for with GI bill money and college loans. I spent my entire $2000 loan and a week's pay at Godfrey Reloading, buying 100,000 primers, (3 ) 15 lb kegs of Bullseye, 100,000 .22lr rds, and 10,000 rds of brass, and 3,000 lbs of wheelweights. i thought I was laying in a lifetime supply of ammo and it was all gone in 3 years. I sold about 1/3rd of it, but I shot 120,000 rds, half .22. I was getting $300 per month GI bill money and had to buy my books with it. A miitary scholarship paid for my tuition, tho. Full time school at night, full time working,too. standing on concrete all day at a drill press, lathe, etc.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
What a sad commentary on a wasted life. 1/3 of your life in prison. No career, no Family. How many lives did you help wreck selling dope? Your bragging? This is pitiful.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
talking for hundreds of hours to top hands in this biz. Bill, Bob, Ken, Mike, Milt, Bruce, Ray, Leonard, Mickey,Rick, Mass. I lived with some of them for 3 days and we talked constantly. I've had scores of letters from Jeff, too.
I’ve spent time with Jeff Cooper; he was an arrogant schmuck.

…I have read scores of gun books, many hundreds of gun mags,
As have many of us.

…fired nearly 1/4 million rds,
As have many of us. Don’t know how many in all, but I’ve gone thru more than 800 9mm alone in just the last month; so over the course of 40+ years of shooting, 200k or so is probably not far off. (I started off in the early 70’s, buying 500 rounds of .22LR every Saturday, mostly for use in my ruger standard model.)

…competed in over 150 combat rifle and pistol matches.
I’ve been in over 200 myself, and I’m sure there are many others who have done many more than I have. I started in PPC revolver stuff in 77 or 78, and IPSC in the 80’s and 90’s. Three decades of competitive handgun shooting, without the 18 lost years in the middle. Never saw pistol competition as something that warranted bragging on, just something I enjoyed.

For that matter, I’ve also spent a lot of time going up against some of the best military and police units in existence, for the purpose of their training. From US military and NNSA, to GIGN and GSG-9. Place called Direct Action Resource Center — I ‘killed’ (and have been killed by) many of those guys when I used to volunteer there. Most were very good, and some (especially the NNSA) were terrifyingly good.

Story on that facility: http://www.incredible-adventures.com/press/arktimes20030627.html

…I"ve now had 13 years of scouring the net for gun, shooting and survival info.
I bet if you look back, you might see it’s been longer than that. I know it has for me; even just the GT Y2K forum goes back 18 years.

I've had 100 hours per week, 18 years of prison, to think about virtually nothing else.
You’ve got me beat there. My only jail sentence was 29 days, back more than 35 years ago.

All THAT is why my knowledge-base is do deep and wide and comes so easily to me. I've got you "outnumbered" by a factor of at least 100 to 1.
100 to 1 is quite an assumption, when talking to a group of virtual strangers.

Who else would DARE to do the things I've done? :) You'd have to be completely out of your mind to take those risks. I admit that I was, I got away with most of it thru luck, ruthlessness, and being sharp/fast/not trusting people.
Sounds like a bad track to travel, yet you still espouse most of the same approaches today.

When I DID trust people, it was almost always a mistake.
Most people aren’t trustworthy; if it were otherwise, the largest security company in our county would cease to exist. And that would be a shame for me, because my wife and I own it.

Who else, in the gun community/forums, has made silencers and hunted with them?
Bought them and hunted with them. I don’t see not personally making my own silencer to be any more odd than not making my own gun or my own boots.

Who else has been on the run? Who else has escaped custody,dealt dope, or run guns? Who else has lived in a van for 2 years, all seasons? Who else has been in prison for 18 years, watching and listening to those you are scared of run their yaps and do their fighting?
Sounds like something that would be best used as a basis for a “what to avoid” lesson; more than a “what it’s done for me” lesson.

Who else has the experience with the "just-us" system?
I do. Both sides; and the non-hostile side is objectively better.

Who else is a black belt...
You recently said you’re 40 lbs overweight, never mind being a senior citizen. It's okay to accept that we get old and eventually aren't some ultimate alpha-male; it happens to all of us eventually if we manage to avoid death.

Who else can type 60 wpm and has all this experience and info at his command?
I admit I only type 50-55 anymore. (But I'm faster with a pistol than I was in the 80's... ;) :) )

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
"This stuff has been my lifeblood for almost 50 years now. "
You have been having this fantasy for 50 years, wow, no wonder you are so screwed up!

" competed in over 150 combat rifle and pistol matches. I designed and ran several dozen of them myself"

Since 1986 I have competed in easily 500+ matches, ( I've been shooting at least 25 matches a year in the last 10 years alone, while you were in jail) and at my current location (since 1990) I have been the Match Directors for 44 Pistol and 3 Gun Matches.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you don't stop being skilled at hand to hand just cause you're overweight, John. Just check out youtube vids of the "godhand" killing bulls.

Jeff was definitely fos about a lot of things. Especially so about the Scout Rifle concept. the idea that a noisy, short ranged, slowarsed bolt action is a fighting rifle was completely nuts and yes, that IS what he claimed for it. he said that the mere possession of a Scout Rifle converted you from being a subject into a citizen. :)

I've learned a lot on the "dark side" that can't be learned any other way. People have no effing clue how many truly evil pos's are out-there.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
hey nikto / Andy/ boati

if you’re a black belt, name the association that would have the records to back it up.

all styles have associations that keep very detailed records, to weed out false claims of being ranked in a particular system.

for example, I can name two associations that have my credentials.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
hey nikto / Andy/ boati

if you’re a black belt, name the association that would have the records to back it up.

all styles have associations that keep very detailed records, to weed out false claims of being ranked in a particular system.

for example, I can name two associations that have my credentials.
Melvin's problem is that the IBA: International Bullshido Association doesn't keep records.

Youtube videos of other people don't mean squat and Melvin turning 70 soon don't help him much at all.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
What a sad commentary on a wasted life. 1/3 of your life in prison. No career, no Family. How many lives did you help wreck selling dope? Your bragging? This is pitiful.

Terry hit it bang on.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
Got my next 3 gun match, tomorrow morning, when is yours Melvin. Marksmanship is a perishable skill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts