Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
from a damnd Gold Cup's rear sight corner, in an Arganbright cross draw rig, when I ducked under a low table in training for an assault course. I trained and sometimes competed, without a shirt, cause at very high speeds, I'd sometimes get a handful of shirt with the gun. The crossdraw tucked in pretty close to my body, and the scar makes me look like I"ve been knifed. :)

I also once fired a shot down and out the back of my pants, Mexican carry, due to snagging of a Colt 22 unit front sight, unmodified. I was doing a fast sales job on it. George Walden was timing me, standing back there, and I almost hit his foot. He did not notice, I confessed. wonder it didnt powder burn me.

Rounding corners and edges long ago became a big deal for me. Members of this forum saw a Star 380 that I worked-over, to that effect. I added metal to the butt, welded up a beavertail grip tang, added Kit gun sights and a 1911 style firing pin and retainer, aluminum grip panels, the left one very thin. But I could never get the altered magazine to feed reliably. Feds got in the way of my Smithing.:)

Members of this forum also saw the hardchromed .38 snub with the luminous sight inserts. I pinned a larger sight onto the front sight and cut a dovetail slot for the rear sight. Worked up a set of "boot grips" for it. 146 gr lead hydroshoks, 900 fps, would expand in critters, but weren't adequately controlable.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
I'd say, stop shooting yourself! Your carelessness could get you killed.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My Wiley Clapp commander came with one of those belly rippers, first thing to go, ramped it real fast! Had a wide rear notch Knovak that had to be changed too.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you never learn Garand. the post was about the corner of a sight catching on my skin, not anyone being shot. so **** you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts