Arms Locker banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks! Just haven't run across one myself yet....
Stoeger's "Coach Gun Supreme" was available with a Stainless Reciever, the barrels were matte Nickle, thats the ONLY one i was able to find. Not for nothing Rich if you're shooting Normal ammo i really dont see a problem with letting it gunk up a bit between cleanings. My KBI has been left with BP residue in it, and hasnt gottne messed up. oither times it's gone a couple of months shooting matches with regular Dove loads and there's never been any problem.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ok guys my name is Rshooter and I think I need help. I have always liked rifles and have a decent collection of military rifles. I also have a few pistols and had one shotgun. It all started when I sold one of my pistols to buy a new shotgun. It was ugly and functional. Now I have come across another old one that I want to buy and am looking at selling something else to get it. Is this a sickness or what? How many Remington 870 police shotguns does a man need? Something about being able to throw an ounce of lead in one go appeals to me in my old age. I have loved the 870 since the Marines but it is becoming an obsession. Is there a twelve step program for this?:nuts:
There's a twelve shotguns program but I haven't tried it myself. I would go for it. If the program doesn't work you'll have a lot of nice guns.:crazy1:

Nothing wrong with having shotguns. I have an 870 Police with side folding buttstock with three shells shell-holder and extension tube. As a back up I have a High Standard that used to belong to the arggie armed forces with a pistol grip. Both work beautifully.

I would like to put a bayonet on my 870 but I haven't been able to get me the bayonet lug part. I got me an M7 bayonet that came without a sheath but had this Swiss bayonet that was very similar so my M7 has a sheath now :) and it's waiting to be mated to the gun.

Best of luck with your growing collection. :wavey:

·
Banned
917 Posts
Ok guys my name is Rshooter and I think I need help. I have always liked rifles and have a decent collection of military rifles. I also have a few pistols and had one shotgun. It all started when I sold one of my pistols to buy a new shotgun. It was ugly and functional. Now I have come across another old one that I want to buy and am looking at selling something else to get it. Is this a sickness or what? How many Remington 870 police shotguns does a man need? Something about being able to throw an ounce of lead in one go appeals to me in my old age. I have loved the 870 since the Marines but it is becoming an obsession. Is there a twelve step program for this?:nuts:
Take 200 rounds to the range, consume them and call me in the morning.---Old Snort, MD.

·
Banned
917 Posts
bayonet lugs

Don't you guys (and gals) know that bayonet LUGS are illegal in California? Hell, I'm not even sure if talking about them is still legal.
Time to hunker down.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Don't you guys (and gals) know that bayonet LUGS are illegal in California? Hell, I'm not even sure if talking about them is still legal.
Time to hunker down.
Same here in NJ Snort..i'm STILL waiting for a Dem Legislator Aquaintence of mine to provide me of documentation of ANY Time a Bayo was used in the commission of a crime in NJ.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They are afraid once you put a bayonet on'em you will you will get the urge to hang a baby on one of'em. Everybody knows one leads to the other!

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Stoeger's "Coach Gun Supreme" was available with a Stainless Reciever, the barrels were matte Nickle, thats the ONLY one i was able to find. Not for nothing Rich if you're shooting Normal ammo i really dont see a problem with letting it gunk up a bit between cleanings. My KBI has been left with BP residue in it, and hasnt gottne messed up. oither times it's gone a couple of months shooting matches with regular Dove loads and there's never been any problem.
Yeah, but I'm in Florida. Lead will rust down here...... :nuts:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Rich Z come on over to the Dark side and get Mossberg 500 in marinecoat finish, you can get one that holds 9, thats a lot of squirrels. The other option, to quote Foghorn J. Leghorn " I say, I say boy, what you need is a dog." I have a vicious Chinese Doorbell that hates squirrels and only eats one cup of dry food a day...:devil:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Old Snort, Kpdpipes, keep your voices low, will ya. If the chicken thieves in government here hear you, next thing they'll pass a law reacquiring a permit to OWN a bayonet here. And then they'll wont give the permits.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Rich Z come on over to the Dark side and get Mossberg 500 in marinecoat finish, you can get one that holds 9, thats a lot of squirrels. The other option, to quote Foghorn J. Leghorn " I say, I say boy, what you need is a dog." I have a vicious Chinese Doorbell that hates squirrels and only eats one cup of dry food a day...:devil:
I don't think the Mossberg will handle those nifty little Aguila 12 gauge minishells that I like for squirrel popping.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Rich I hadn't heard of those shells so I went to: http://www.aguilaammo.com/minishells_shotgun_mods.htm
Here is what they said:
"MOSSBERGS 500/590s will cycle minishells pretty well once the shooter acquires a "feeling" as to how to pump the action; however, this will not prevent the occasional jam. To further solve the problem, we have lengthened and widened the little short metal bar (shell elevator), which catches the round to be subsequently fed to the ramp and chamber. This modification will not prevent you from firing regular size shot shells. The other modification that would decisively help in the proper cycling, would be to install the ejector in a more forward position to catch the spent shorter shell and eject it, before it may flip and cause jams. However, we DO NOT recommend you to do this, because you will most likely no longer be able to fire regular size shells.
Any competent gunsmith should be able to perform the modification to the elevator described above."
Maybe you could borrow a friend's 500 and try them. They sound like a neat little round with an amount of shot somewhere between a .410 and 28 gauge. I would try some, but I don't have anybody who sells Aguila nearby. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The only shotgun to reliably feed the Aguila shells is the Winchester. They are supposed to be fun in the break opens such as the cowboy shooters. A good site to purchase the shells is http://ammunitiontogo.com/.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
They are a lot of fun in the side-by-side. Don't need ear protection and will still do the job on a squirrel as long as it isn't too far away.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts