Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and lightened everything I could, making it weigh 19 oz. even 200 grs at 700 fps loads were NASTY to use in it. Pocket .45 is never going to be feasible. Just WAY too much recoil with a 1 lb gun and that weight is about all that's feasible in a truly pocket-carryable gun. There's a REASON that Smith offered the .38 snub with an alloy frame. A steel M36 sags the pocket quite a bit. That "mere" 4.5 oz difference between them amounts to a lot, if you ccw in the front pants pocket all the time.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The model 38 airweight carries nice in pants pocket, the 649 goes IWB or in jacket pocket. That extra weight soaks up a lot of the 357 mag. recoil.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ever buy a timer, Joe? I think you'd be shocked to see how slow repeat hits are with a 357 snub at 5 yds, vs, say, the same with a P35. My partner for the Belize adventure had a 2.5" M19. It was a beast in rapidfire with full power loads, and it is quite a bit heavier than j frame 357's. I don't care for .35 second repeat hits when I can get .18 second ones. :) Misses of the chest are commonplace when you're being shot-at and sometimes there's more than one attacker. the 2" 357 is 125 grs at 1250 fps. the P35 CAN be 125 grs at 1250 fps. SO.... :) Since the snubby is not a pocket gun, and since the auto holds 3x the ammo is no harder to ccw, seems like a shut-out to me. gotta get rid of all that unneeded takeup and overtravel in the P35's trigger movement, tho

1 - 3 of 3 Posts