Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

I'd rather have a BAR, auto 12 ga, (box

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BigEd 
#1 ·
mag fed), a 10 ga autoloader, box mag fed, converted to be a 20mm grenade launcher, .300 WhisperAR upper, .50 bmg ar UPPER. etc, FOR CERTAIN SPECIALIZED uses. However, each of those guns is HORRIBLY limited outside of its special use. The .300 Whisper is for silencing sentries, with subsonic loads and brain shots, at up to 175m. The 300 Mag BAR is for extreme long range sniping, and knocking holes in various strategic containers, at long range, using "pulled" 30-06 Black tip, AP, tungsten carbide wire cored bullets. The 20mm grenade launcher is the ideal weapon for 1 man against many, to 100m. The .50BMG can hurt Big Brother about 10 bill $ with one shot. The 12 auto, with a "spreader" device on its muzzle, using #4 buck, is a mean motorstooter inside 50 ft., yet it won't exit much of a building wall. None of them, however, offer the concealment, one hand use, GI rd, .22 unit, handiness while canned, versatility of the scoped, canned CAR-15 and .22 unit. So that is what gets the not. It's the only sensible choice for shtf. It can do everything that NEEDS doing, WELL enough, and do so better than anything else. In fact, the only other gun that even comes close is the Mini-14, with a .22lr conversion unit.

#2 ·
There is no such thing as a "do everything" weapon though some may come close. You don't take into consideration the location a person may be in. An urban setting or in a wooded area where your shots would be limited to 200 yds or so would make the AR a good choice. It would be a very poor choice in a locale where the trees are 10 miles apart and long shots are the norm - thats where the 308 and 30-06 reign supreme. The 11" shorty CAR that you like so much is a pretty lousy choice for much of anything except specialized close quarters fighting. The idea of disabling your only full power fighting rifle in favor of the 22lr adapter is a delusional fantasy.

Choose the weapon to fit your AO and the situations that you may run into. I personally would rather carry more gun than required than be caught under-gunned and under-powered.

RIKA

#3 ·
...300 WhisperAR upper

....However, each of those guns is HORRIBLY limited outside of its special use.

...The .300 Whisper is for silencing sentries, with subsonic loads and brain shots, at up to 175m.

...None of them, however, offer the concealment, one hand use, GI rd, .22 unit, handiness while canned, versatility of the scoped, canned CAR-15 and .22 unit.
Every advantage you claim for the .223 ar, is either matched or exceeded with the .300 Whisper/Blackout ar. Every single one. The .300BK is substantially more powerful with full-power ammo, the .300BK is MUCH more powerful with subsonic ammo, the .300BK is as small, compact and lightweight as the .223 version, and the .300BK is much faster and much simpler to swap back & forth between full power and subsonic ammo.

Simple question - since you say that a person wouldn't survive to need more than one can of ammo (which renders the "GI round" argument irrelevant), can you name even one advantage to the .223 has over the .300BK? Just one?

#5 ·
Most of those I've "banned" for the two simple purposes.
1.) To serve as a "tag" to help mark his previous manifestations here. Although sentence structure/grammar are usually a dead give away. You know if his pride and level of tech savvy allowed he'd not have this trouble.
2.) The outside and I admit very remote chance of someone figuring out how to hack those old accounts to spam or mock him or anyone else.

Also believe it or not if he desires a custom avatar or any other technical questions I'll actually help as best I can. Or if he wishes to carry on as current that's okay. Although I do wish he'd do more re-engaging.
I actually thought he did that back in the old PN days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.