Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and any noisy pistols (for shtf) if my 3 guns were canned, and the 308 was not. That's how much of an advantage it is to not make noise, have a muzzle flash, etc. Even tho the 3 guns,their ammo, scopes, cans, bipod, etc, would total 23 lbs, it's still a better deal than any big, heavy, noisy, non-22 clunker. Have about half of the .30 AK rds loaded with a "heavy-bullet" subsonic load (180 grs or so, 1000 fps) of course, and the rest split between steel cored ball rds and sp's.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It;s your choice, but as the old song goes "That's your misfortune and none of my own."

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
A 180 grain bullet at 1000 fps out of an SKS? You really do like single shots don't you?

·
Registered
779 Posts
You'd LIKE an SKS, papoose, etc.

But you're restricted to slingshots and spears. Good luck shtf, dumbass.

Now that I know what you look like, I WOULD LOVE to meet you, post-shtf.
Then you can test your theories against someone that shoots back... :0

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
180 might be a bit heavy for caliber even in a subsonic loading for the SKS,but the both oif you got me thinking....that 154 grain hunting load(corbon? Wolf?)....could that pullet be pulled and reseated on a case full of an appropriate for suppression powder charge?I 'm asking because of A)Pulling the piston from an SKS makes it a "straight pull";adding some type of external action lock could reduce action noise for single shots,and B)The Yugo' M59/66 gas valve on the grenade launcher MIGHT be useful as a regulator for non-standard loadings with some work.....just brainstorming.

·
Registered
657 Posts
GK's been posting this same bullshit for years. OK we all know what you think jerk, come up with something new to talk about.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah,for some reason he's afriad of the .308.

I think that it's kinda cute myself.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
copycat said:
GK's been posting this same bullshit for years. OK we all know what you think jerk, come up with something new to talk about.
Every thing is posted new to NUTTY JOHN, at the dawning of a new day.

Personally I think NUTTY JOHN is a SHTF experience for the Internet in a NUTTY WAY.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The rifling twist of any rifle has to be balanced with the sectional density/ballistic coefficient and velocity envelope the designer envisioned.

If the bullet size falls outside the envelope or the velocity falls low enough to make the spin to slow to stabilize the bullet, then the bullet will tumble upon firing and accuracy will go to hell in a hurry.

Has stupekid TRIED a 180gr bullet out of a SKS at 1000 fps? Does he KNOW if it will even stabilize? No? Then all he has is a guess. A stupekid guess.

And yes, has stupekid dumped his 10" POSCAR? Has reality finaly in some way seeped a bit into his noodle? Is his haldol meds now up to the indicated level?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
DJetAce said:
And yes, has stupekid dumped his 10" POSCAR? Has reality finaly in some way seeped a bit into his noodle? Is his haldol meds now up to the indicated level?
He was oddly inoffensive, come to think of it. He didnt call us "punks" once.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just because I'd rather have an sks than a pos 308 doesn't make hte sks worth a crap. It just makes it better than the 308. that doesn't take much.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I HAD a match grade, original forged receiver ;M1A, way back in 1975, punk. How many canned CAR-15's have YOU had, punk?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
like I said punk, fuck you.
Well OK, but no Kissin, because you're so damned ugly ...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
I HAD a match grade, original forged receiver ;M1A, way back in 1975, punk. How many canned CAR-15's have YOU had, punk?
Thats nice, john, thats real nice ...

A little lie here, a little lie there -- thats nice John ...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
just because I'd rather have an sks than a pos 308 doesn't make hte sks worth a crap. It just makes it better than the 308. that doesn't take much.
Thats nice John, thats nice ...

But you're wrong again -- but, thats nice John, because we expect it of you ...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts