Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have been pining for a lever action rifle in 500 S&W, but protests saying the lever actions aren't strong enought for the cartridge ('course same was said of the .454, .475. . .).

Well, remember the old revolving carbines (I think based on the Remington New Army)? What about a more modern rendition. Can either have a loading gate system, or be a flip-out, 16-in barrel, 6-round cylinder possibly countersunk for full moon clips, "bantam" length stock with a decelerator pad. One thing is, unlike the original, this would need some kind of foreend, maybe a thin one like Winchester uses on their levers, as I assume the barrel will become too hot to handle somewhere between the first and second shots, unlike the old .44 cap & ball carbines. . .

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I have the answer GK. Why not have it break open like a single barrel shotgun - or maybe the barrel swing to the side. Insert the moon clip and shut her closed. Firing would be accomplished by rotating the cartridges inside a closed chamber, either trigger actuated, lever actuated (which might make it too bulky) or a thumb actuated cocking piece. The breech end could be pretty hefty but certainly no bigger than a shotgun breech. A good machinist could make one of those pretty easy I would think.

Its really a neat idea - but gunclod wouldn't understand because it would be solid design and not cobbled up.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm nuts. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea RIKA. But a simple blast shield might be better, I'm not sure you'd want to be venting the gass into the other chambers in an enclosed space, it might be hell on lead bullets.

Hey, wonder if this means we have to remove the "on ignore by the attention whore" from our sigs, as he's proven himself a liar again?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
*** it's just that I often clean up my internet, getting rid of history, temp files, and cookies. So when I come here, sometimes, I see bs like yours,when I've not yet logged in. You ARE on ignore, ***, I left you ** behind at PN, and YOU CAME HERE, so who's the attention whore, ***?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The only person getting their A$$ kicked over stupid posts is you, GunKid. And the funny thing is, much of the time, you're the one that's kicking you.

If you were to lighten up, realize you don't know all the things you like to pretend that you do, act like a human being for once, you'd find that people would treat you a whole lot better.

I realize that would require work on your part.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Wild West Guns in Alaska offer a lever gun in .500 S&W.Looks like it's based on a Marlin action.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, haven't gone to their site in a few months. Probably based on the 1895 action. So much for the bleating about the lever action not being strong enough. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.