Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what a 20" AR 223 has left at 600 yds, using the 77 gr match bullet. A guys is NO threat to you anymore at 600 yds, once you hit him in the chest with such a load. He's HAD it, and it doesn't MATTER if he takes a minute to bleed out and ineffectual. NOBODY runs 600 yds in a minute. Nobody is going to be running right past somebody that they've just shot, (not anyway, without shooting them AGAIN.) FUNNY how the 500 ft lbs of a 308 (at 1000 yds) make it a 1000 yd gun, and the 500 ft lbs of a 223 (at 600 yds) make it 'just a gopher gun". I've NEVER seen a goher do crap after taking a 150 ft lb Stinger .22lr hp in the chest. :) In fact, it';s a rare prairie dog (considerably bigger critter than a gopher) do anything but flop on the ground, after being hit in the chest with a .22 short solid. :)

The SAME pussies will go on and on about how they are 'effective" with .45 ball, at 100m, where the .45 rd is down to 180 ft lbs. :)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Only a moron would turn his defensive Rifle into a single shot target rifle or a sub caliber gopher gun in a potentially hostile enviornment! Just my $0.02 worth!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
1.) It's STILL not the "GI round" you say you MUST have.
2.) No one said the 20" AR couldn't hit at that range, they said your 10" abomination can't.
3.) The .223 can hit at that range, but the kinetic energy it hits with doesn't much matter, because the match ammo won't expand, so it'll be like shooting FMJ, and it won't fragment at that range, it'll turn ass-forward, and make a .22 hole going in and a .22 hole going out. It's been PROVEN, in combat (that you've never seen), to be ineffective if it doesn't fragment.
4.) Men won't bleed out with anything but a heart or major artery hit in one minute.
5.) Putting holes in paper and putting holes in men are two different things.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
andy you do realise the best part of you ran down your momma's leg don't you?

I cannot believe the lying, undocumentable drivel that excapes yoru pie hole.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Magnum said it all. Stupekid always pulls out this 20 inch match shit while his dreem gun is a 10" POSCAR.

Drivel is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts