Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so they can get the city SUED over their stupidity. :) Some punk says there's 5,000 handgun shootings a year in the US. Here or TFL, I forget. well, I guanantee that 95+% of them are multiple hits, head hits, limb hits, or hits with .22, .32, 25, all of which excludes them from Marshall's stats. He excludes all instances where there's anything but 1 hit to torso. So you are down to 250 useful shootings a year. Just how MANY do you "think" are done with each .40 caliber load, hmm? :) 5 a year? Actually, I think that the handgun shootings (other than suicides) run more like 20,000 a year, but it's still only 1000 useful shootings a year (by Marshall's standards) and when you divide that by 380, 38 (2 barrel lengths) 357, 9mm, 357 Sig, .44, .41, .45, .40, .45 Colt, etc, that's 100 shootings per caliber, (at MOST) and divide that by at LEAST 5 loads per caliber. So it'd take you YEARS to accumulate any useful data, IF you got the necessary details on EVERY shooting. Total bs, never happened, Marshall makes up that bs as he goes-along, to sell books, videos, and "consultatations". :)

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Can you post your published research data for us. Any published data is strictly the opinion of the author. Statistics are very easy to manipulate towards the point that the author wants to make. You don't have to agree with everything that you read. I certainly don't!

·
Registered
285 Posts
M&S can be readily disputed but trying to argue against them based on your current line of reasoning shows you to be clueless.

Marshall ex Detroit LEO

Sanow Current LEO

You don't think that they can get their hands on information?

So it'd take you YEARS to accumulate any useful data
They used years worth of information, the tables give how many shootings they used to base anything on.

makes up that bs as he goes-along
Making up BS seems to be the one thing you know anything about.

The funny thing is that M&S are light and fast bullet advocates, which is what you claim is the way to go.

Me I'm a jello junkie of the Fackler/IWBA school not a morgue monster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts