Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or sling shot or pellet gun? I've had a lot of fun, shooting flies with a rubber band. :) It aint legal to shoot game most of the year, So it has to be inanimate targets or varmints most of the time.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I Like real guns better, (Not an Internet picture)

Attachments

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i used to shoot a lot of .177, but to get the accuracy I wanted I had to use relatively high-end pellets that cost almost as much as .22LR did; so I pretty much abandoned the pellet rifle.

Nowadays, the cost difference would definitely swing more in favor of the pellet rifle, but I simply prefer a real gun. Mostly what I shoot anymore is 9mm and .223, with only occasional 22 use.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what level of accuracy do you want? Wifey gets 1" for 5 shots at 10 yds, standing, about half that from prone. Scoped,

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
so what level of accuracy do you want? Wifey gets 1" for 5 shots at 10 yds, standing, about half that from prone. Scoped,
I can do that at 50 yards wiith a Ruger 10/22.

Reactions: Garand

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Squirrels & birds out to 50 yards, give or take. My pellet gun would do it if my holdover was right (it's only a .177 and drops at that range), but it would only do it with the higher-end pellets which at the time actually cost more than the .22 stuff.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Pictures please, this shouldn't be a problem as she is allowed to touch firearms.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
because I can shoot anything I want, almost anytime I choose. in fact, I'm going coyote hunting on Friday of this week. I'm going to use a suppressed .300 blackout rifle. It will be fun and challenging. Far more enjoyable than a pellet gun. But then again, I'm not legally limited like some people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts