Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why not do it with a peashooter, slingshot, airsoft? Saves you tons of money and travel time. If it's not training for combat or hunting that feeds you (nobody''s had to do that in the US for decades) then it's just target shooting. with ONE month of live fire training, an airsoft champion from Japan beat everyone at the Steel Challenge, back in the 80's. So what good was their lifetime of live-fire "training" do them, eh? It's just entertainment, and you can be entertained hunting flies with a rubber band. or bouncing a ball off of a wall.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Are you jealous?

I target shoot, I plink, I hunt, I do things I enjoy doing. I also backpack, camp, actually do the stuff you simply sit around and think about.

Hunting for food is still a thing, even if it isn’t a necessity.

I also have a pilots license, until recently competed in martial arts, and do a whole bunch of other things that I enjoy.

Of course you pissed away your ability to do any of it legally, so I can see why you’d put it down.

If I choose to spend my money on such things, why should you care?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I’m going go shoot 5 or 6 hundred rounds tomorrow, for no particular reason, other than I can and it will be fun.

Then I’ll probably take my bow and do the mile 3-D archery loop at a range. Then maybe grab a beer or a bourbon with a friend of mine...

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Melvin, in the normal year, I shoot 20-25 matches, a lot of them with my wife through 2 provinces and 2 states. They don't hold matches outside in the north during the winter, you understand why don't you? My wife and I hit the indoor range weekly and maintain our marksmanship skill level within the limitations of the range. My wife and I enjoy both shooting and golfing together, generally marriages are more successful if you have a couple of common interests. Melvin marksmanship is a skill that deteriorates over time, but then back in the '70's you weren't exactly leader of the pack were you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts