Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I can carry my M1A ready for action. Do you have to use your rifle as a walking cane or crutch? And why would I want to stuff it into a backpack if its shtf time. I'm not playing Jane Bond.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry gunkid, I can carry a M1A. Just because you have a bad back and you are over the hill does not mean I am.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is that so?

M1A 18" barrel and reduced LOP stock

Barrel with standard flash supressor and action measure 28"
Stock measures the same, assuming a common 5" butt chop.

Switch to a 16" barrel, with a shorter flash supressor (Vortex, etc.) the Troy Sopmod kit, or a conversion to use an AR style collapsible, and it gets even shorter.

Your AR upper measures at minimum appx 18 1/2"" assuming an 11" barrel and a bare muzzle (no flash suppressoers etc attached)

A midget might not be able to fit an M1A into a ruck, but I sure can.

So much for your BS claim of
aint no WAY you are fitting it into a backpack.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
If the balloon ever goes up, concealment is not an issue, except in your fantasy!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Why would you stuff a combat rifle in your back pack? Oh, excuse me Mr. Ambusher, I need to get my rifle out of my back pack. If it's not in your hands, have you ever heard of a sling? Of course, this from a guy who reccomends an AR-15 slung to a thigh inside the pants. Ouch! Oooh! Owhh! I caught the front sight on my thong! Err, I mean my supporter. God, your fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts