Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALSO very feasible to carry 2000 rds of .22lr, CAR-15, 2 pocket pistols, etc. that's a 100 shots a year, for 2 full decades. In all that time, you NEVER found or bartered for MORE .22lr ammo? 100 shots a year can easily be a couple of cattle, a couple of hogs, a couple of deer, a dozen dogs, which total several TONS of meat. that's WITHOUT what you can shoot with 223, "recovered" .30 ak, 308, etc, and WITHOUT the fish you can gill net, trotline, or trap, the birds you can quicklime, catch on roosts (like Pigeons caught in a barn loft) catch in traps, or the small game,orlivestock or deer you can snare, etc.
Assuming that there IS any game left after 2 months of shtf, ou can CERTAINLY have plenty of .22lr to take as much of those animals' flesh as you'll ever need. So much for your bs about slingshots, REGARDLESS of what "ammo" you use in them. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
u can "scatter cache" a lot of the 2-4000 rds of .22lr, and have it available to you, WITHOUT having to always carry all of it, ya know. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
guys who "think" that they are going to carry 300 rds of TWO TWENTY THREE ammo, some 22lr's, and a 1911 and 50 rds of ammo for .45 are fos, too. Still WAY too much wt, (along with the 30-40 lbs of body armor and OTHER essential survival gear, water, rations, necessary for 4 season BOB.

223, 55 gr ammo is 40 rds to the lb. 30 rd AR mags are 4 ozs each. 230 gr .45 ammo is 22 rds to the lb. So, 7-9 lbs of 223 ammo (depending upon bullet wt) 2 lbs of spare mags, 5 lbs of .45, holster, mag pouches, spare mags, and ammo. 6 lbs of 223 rifle, 1.5 lb of suppressor, scope and mount, 1/4 lb of bipod, 1/4 lb of spare bolt and its parts, 1/4 lb of cleaning gear. 1 lb of .22lr conversion for the AR. 25 lbs, about 10 lbs too damned much.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!!

Join a gym, you obviously need some exercise.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Here he is crying because people can use slingshots and he can't. . .again.

I notice all this body armor is necessary. I guess he really knows he has no knowledge of tactical movement, but just won't admit it, so he prepares to take a hit, or three.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
As if he's going to wear all that body armor ALL the time - especially in hot weather. I bet that its the first thing that will be dumped.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
He's sure packing a lot of guns and ammo for someone who doesn't even have the basics for actually living out in the wilds.

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
GK is the world's greatest expert on all the things he knowa nothing about.

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
FWIW, I'm a fan of body armor. It's uncomfortable but comforting.

Don't wear it when just kicking around the woods on a regular basis, but I do when it's hunting season. Doubled-up Level 2A in the back and single Level 2A with level 2 insert in the front. Not "rated" for hunting rifle rounds, but since in regular single-layer configuration it will stop 44 magnum JSP and 9mm FMJ, doubled-up like I wear it (when hunting), it should take a whole lot of the effect out of anything that hits me.

For $700 or less, you can get a full level 2 (higher rating than 2A) vest now, brand new, that's thinner and more comfortable than my 5-year-old 2A. I'm probably going to be ordering a new vest in the next few months, and will likely upgrade as well. In my area, at least, there's no restrictions on citizens wearing body armor, just as there's no restrictions on walking around wearing a helmet if you want to.

May sound like overkill and "Rambo-esque", but armor is something to consider. Think of it as an expensive sweatshirt that will help keep bullets (as well as sticks, etc, if you fall) out of your brisket or back.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'm shopping for a good brand of vest myself. I consider that far more important than something like a suppressor.

Arizona there's no restrictions. Interesting thing in California law is that they are a felony to possess for those already under a felony restriction, just like a firearm.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I thought you had to go through the ATF rigamarole to get body armor as a civilian, or is that just level 3+?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Body armor is something important to be considered. I want to hear your discussion and will investigate on my own.

RIKA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts