Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
4,645 Posts
andy said:
no, stupid, it's not a REPLACEMENT for the CAR-15.you can't READ.It's specifically for HUNTING big gamethere,while I learn their habits, before I go on to brain one of each species with the 223, and also take one of each species with the 460 Rowland. It's a SPECIALTY item
What's very interesting about this whole argument, is that GK is acknowledging the better performance of the .308 over the .223. He can confidently use the .308 for general situations, but can only use the .223 to brain animals. braining is a requirement because the .223 doesn't perform as well as the .308.

He has to make up for the marginal performance of the .223 with brain shots, where the .308 has enough utility, power, and penetration to not rely on brain shots to get the job done.

yet it's the specialty item because it is more reliable (whole point of the argument) can be used with more confidence (doesn't require brain shots to be effective), and the .223 that evidently can only work if brain shots are involved is not the specialty item.

Interesting argument there sparky.

:devil:

· Registered
5,884 Posts
84 C4: Good point, of course I was thinking more along the lines of "black Africa", although the formerly beautiful country of S Africa is rapidly approaching that.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
S. Africa is probably going to have a civil war. Too many Americans think that just because the Whites are a minority that the Blacks shouild rule and will rule.

All politics in Africa are tribal. Tribes are looked upon pretty much as separate races in the eyes Black Africans. The Whites are the 2nd largest tribe in the coutry next to the Zulus.

If the West stays out of the mess, the Whites will regain the country.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Magnum88C said:
IIRC it's illegal to hunt most, if not all of the dangerous game over there with less than a .375. And the "criminal justice" system of most of Africa makes ours look fair and lenient.
Since MELVIN has problems obeying the law, maybe we should all chip in and send him on an African Safari.

Hey MELVIN -- wanna go on an African Safari?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.