Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

if not for my "pontifications"

421 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  John in AR 
#1 ·
this site wouldn't see 5 posts a day, nor more than a thread start per week. So **** you. I do all this work, and you come along months later and talk shyte about MY contributions. how about YOU contribute, just for a week, as much as I do, hmm? Then you might have a START on a claim for your bs.

#3 ·
this site wouldn't see 5 posts a day, nor more than a thread start per week. So **** you. I do all this work, and you come along months later and talk shyte about MY contributions. how about YOU contribute, just for a week, as much as I do, hmm? Then you might have a START on a claim for your bs.
“All this work”..?

It’s a thread where you’re talking about how much you talk. Literally, that’s the entire content of the OP, isn’t it? And when others DO talk in those conversations that you start, you avoid those conversations. Why is that?

#4 · (Edited)
if not for my "pontifications" this site wouldn't see 5 posts a day, nor more than a thread start per week. So **** you. I do all this work, and you come along months later and talk shyte about MY contributions. how about YOU contribute, just for a week, as much as I do, hmm? Then you might have a START on a claim for your bs.
Afterthought - there's no need to put the word 'pontifications' in quotes. It's an absolutely accurate word.

"Pontificate":
Merriam-Webster: "to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way"
Dictionary.com: "to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner"
Cambridge dictionary (my personal favorite): "to speak or write and give your opinion about something as if you knew everything about it and as if only your opinion was correct"

And if you're not familiar with it, the word 'dogmatic' means "the expression of opinions as if they were facts". One glaring example of this is your repeated recommendation of the 9x21 caliber. You assume that since 21 is bigger than 19, that the 9x21 must be more powerful than the 9x19. That's a demonstrably untrue opinion, yet you spout it as fact.)

So taking issue with the word 'pontificate' is irrational. It absolutely and correctly describes your actions; your argument is with the English language itself, not with my choice of words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.