Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shooting, I'd FIND a way to have the disassembled CAR-15 along. The 10" barreled, flattop model is remarkably easy to conceal, minus the handguards, and with certain modifications done. The CAR's buttstock is much quicker and easier to remove-replace than is the standard buttstock. Drill and tap the holes for the retainer detents for the safety and the rear taked down pin, install 8x32 setscrews, and you no longer have to worry about losing those detents when you disassemble the rifle.

You can also cut a small notch in the right side of the safety, and the tip of your knife can be used to hold down the detent, and thus, remove the safety without removing the pistol grip. This has nothing to do with ccw, but it can help with having to clean the pc, if it's full of crud, salt water residue, etc.

With the handguards removed, a small "wrap" of Nomex, even parachute cord, will provide hand protection from the barrel's heat, for half a dozen shots. The handguards add a LOT of bulk to the AR system, and you dont need it for a clandestine sort of mission. Or, if you DO need that much rapidfire, firing more rds is unlikely to save you, because you've just screwed up TOO badly. More "wrap" could of course be contrived, using pcs of your shirt, rags, etc, too, given the need and enough time to do so.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy says: "if remotest chance existed for need beyond10m shooting, I'd FIND a way to have the disassembled CAR-15 along."

Strange thing for a master shottist to confess in light of all the brags you've made. I assume that the guy who is going to kill you will allow ample time for you to reassemble your POS --- in the light of fair play of course. Then theres the guy with the knife who will carve you up.

Not very bright Andy. You'd be better off with a Makarov.

Oh, what kind of clandestine mission do you have in mind. Will Barney, Cinnamon and Rollin Hand (Mission Impossible) be accompanying you? :D

RIKA

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
This has got to be one of the funniest post's ever. 10 Meters? That's a short range for a pistol, not a rifle. If I couldn't hit an adversary at 32.5 FEET 10 times out of ten, I would turn in my Federal Firearms Instructors certificate, and go to work for McDonald's. I can just see you trying to get an ten inch CAR (never quotes the maker) out of you crotch to engage an immediate threat. (Damn, that parachute cord got caught in my truss). God, are you ever funny!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
10m?.... that's only about 32.8ft

You can use a rock at that range.

Reactions: Garand and Dorobuta

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
They last 3 days, I've been out shooting my .44 mag at 25 to 35 meters. WOW, and I don't even have to whipe the vaseline off the "can" like gunkid does!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Good grief folks. The very first time I took the Springfield Armory Range Officer pistol to the range I was able to get on paper, a rest mind you, but at 50yds still that's with my here and now uncorrected vision.
I get either the sights fixed up and or my eyes particularly the cataract in my right eye fixed it's back to 50-100yd practice.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
He made a fool of himself with the 10 meter AR needed. What a thing to confess from a World Class shottist! 32 feet requires a (sort of) rifle.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I think shattist would be more appropriate in his case.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
So, if I'm reading this correctly, he is going to be outright killed by someone 20 meters away shooting at him because he has to reassemble a neutered rifle that has been rendered useless by making all kinds of weird modifications to it?

I've also separated both halves of my ARs numerous times and have not had a single detent do anything. (Does he know how an AR breaks down?)

it is almost like he has never handled an AR....

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
So, if I'm reading this correctly, he is going to be outright killed by someone 20 meters away shooting at him because he has to reassemble a neutered rifle that has been rendered useless by making all kinds of weird modifications to it?

I've also separated both halves of my ARs numerous times and have not had a single detent do anything. (Does he know how an AR breaks down?)

it is almost like he has never handled an AR....
He would have in Basic Training but that's like 50 years ago. Other than his fantasies he doesn't really mention ever having one. I've caught him in some error's like when he said he carried a spare bolt carrier and bolt in the pistol grip of an AR -15. Kind of a tight fit, wouldn't you say?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts