Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need at most 30 minutes delay, in order to safely get away, and probably only 15 minutes.Set your wrist watch alarm for a minute short of that, get into a culvert before the blast, stay there a few minutes after the blast.

simply dont set it if there aint a car that you can GET control of, within a minute or less of setting the countdown clock (and the anti-tamper devices). Step up, silently pop whoever you have to, and FLOOR that accelerator, heading for the hills, of course, with your BOB.

The best place to set it, of course, is right next to a nuke reactor plant, so that the reactor's radioactivity becomes PART of the fallout. Pick one that's upwind of a major city, making several million people EVACUATE, and shutting down that city completely. This damages the economy FAR more than would simply nuking that city. The country has to declare martial law, if it's winter and the city is in cold country, so that they can FORCE people to take in the homeless.

Doing THAT will shut the economy, because foriegn investors will pull out of the country's money, and domestic investors will hold off investing, or even ordering supplies. Presto,the country's paper money is nothing more than asswipe, like German marks were when the Wiemar republic printed way too many of them.

Since nobody works for free, everything will grind to a halt, and it will be every manfor himself, and in short order, 90+% will be dead.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
So now you are an expery on muclear weapons. ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Your knowledge of nuclear weapons appears to be as detailed as your knowlege of shooting and of survival. In other words, it leaves a bit to be desired. So whats with your fascination with killing people? Do you think you will hate yourself less after you have killed a dozen people? Nope, you'll still hate who you are and what you are.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
He would not be able to get close enough to a nuke plant to do what he states. Let's just say they'd know he was coming well in advance.

Funny thing about nuke plants - all the monitors and remote sensors. Better beleive that a man-portable nuke would show up way above ambient background radiation.

Even if he could get to the perimeter of the facility, he would not be able to quite do what he is claiming. Oh, if he could get to the perimeter, he would definately damage the plant, and make a mess, but a ground burst nuke in the kiloton range would far more likely bury the reactors (they are underground) and not create a chernobyl sized disaster.

Which is not to say that some radiation would not be released, etc.

He would be killed if he tried to breech the perimeter (Nuke plants have some of the best swat teams in the world, and there is a clearly marked line of deadly force. Cross it and they will shoot you, no warnings, no second chances.)

There are other problems with your scenario, GK, but I won't elaborate.

But it would definately be a suicide mission.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I was on course last year with a couple of gentleman that were on a Nuclear Power plant security team, they appeared to be very knowledgeable, very capable and very serious about their jobs

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I've met a couple. It's no joke. You cross the line, that is clearly marked, and you die. period.

These guys understand the seriousness of their jobs. They train constantly.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I like the whole idea of him tinking he could set the timer for 15 minutes and get away and then hide in a culvert to avoid radiation/heat blast, etc... That is classical horse hockey! Does he really believe that the radiation would dissipate in such a brief time as he would be in the culvert, especially if his power plant gig worked?

And get the thing about the get-away car! Rememnber he is setting this bomb near amajor city - I guess he thinks no one else will be on the road as he makes his escape. Here in and around NYC you could consider yourself quirte lucky to be able to drive 5 miles in 15 minutes (sometimes you are lucky if you move at all in that time frame).

·
Registered
779 Posts
Aslan said:
I've met a couple. It's no joke. You cross the line, that is clearly marked, and you die. period.

These guys understand the seriousness of their jobs. They train constantly.

I've had some preliminary training very similar to that but it was not to guard the plants. Yep he would get his @ss handed to him on a silver platter. :dgrin:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
His getaway car, more than likely just died from the EMP.

(not to mention a whole bunch of other things he has not considered...)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
JD, have you seen 'Fight Club' yet? If you haven't you should. You'd love the ending.

JD, you would be better off as a terrorist with a few other plans of action. A bit more creativity and ambition is in order.

Seriously amigo, for a would be super-villain you're a bit short in the ruthless, bloody evil imagination department sometimes :)

If you loaded it into a boat on a major lake, like Lake Mead for instance, you could then arm the weapon, seal it (like in a weighted watertight container), get relatively close to the dam on the water side, and then toss the weapon into the water. Even if you were seen doing it, there's no way they could retrieve the weapon before it detonated. You wouldn't be allowed right up next to the dam, but you could get close enough. The effect of the shockwave in the water against the underwater part of the dam structure would be titanic.

You could also arm it, seal it, submerge it, and tow it to the target, pretending that you are fishing. You get to the detonation point, you simply cut the tow line and let the nuke sink to the bottom..

Even a small nuke on the deep water side could destroy Hoover Dam. You would knock out power for millions, do billions in damage, kill a LOT of people as you destroyed everything along the Colorado River, and knock out one of the biggest water reservoirs in the west.

You could also load it into a delivery van or a taxi and just set it off near the New York Stock Exchange on Wall Street right in the middle of a trading day. The Arabs may just do that next, since there is no shortage of Arab cab drivers in New York. There's probably at least one willing to die for Allah.

If you want to be a real bastard, just set the bitch off at Disneyland on a holiday weekend. Just put it in the trunk of a car and leave it in the parking lot as close to the gate as you could get. Anaheim would never be the same again.

You could also land the nuke in a private charter plane at a major airport like LAX on a busy weekend. Just detonate it in the plane after it's landed and parked and you've made your getaway. If you do it like, say, a day or two before Christmas or Thanksgiving you'll definitely make the history books and probably a couple of categories in the Guiness Book of World Records at the same time.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Aslan, I assume you also know how the reactor buildings are constructed? He could probably duct tape the nuke (up to 5 kiltons max yied for a true "backpack" nuke) to the outer wall of the reactor (assuming he could get to the wall, which he can't) and it wouldn't destroy it. They can take a near miss from an ICBM-class weapon. A ground burst would destroy some offices, have to replace a lot of fencing, and would blow a lot of paint off the cooling towers, and not much else.

Of course, as pointed out, the security forces would ba flambe-ing his nuts long before he could do any of that.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The security at Arizona's reactor at Palo Verde is intense. It's the largest civilian reactor complex in the nation.

Lead and staffed by former military they have some serious gear. One report I saw a few years ago showed them with all sorts of gear, including Cadillac Gage armored cars, at least one of which had what looked like a 25mm Bushmaster automatic cannon in it's turret.

They are not f^cking around.

If you want to take out a real reactor, you'd better be a REAL super-villian, or you won't last long enough for them to even bother calling in Bond to take you out.

"Bond, James Bond... and you are JD, I presume?"

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good lord Melvin ain't even a good fantasy writer.

I've seen so much better written stuff in TV and movies and it still rated a triple facepalm.

This shit of Melvin's ain't even worth a jihadist's bowel movement.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Of all the stupid things that worthless creature has come up with, this has got to be at the top of the list. How they can let something like that live an breathe among other other people is unknown to me. When he was first arrested, should have been shot on the spot. That thing should not be allowed to live an collect money an drugs from the goverment.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'll relate something I found amusing I heard on the radio
One of the talk show hosts I used to listen to was Phil Valentine.
He once related something that happened when filming some footage to refute Al Gore with a movie of his own vs. Gore's Earth in the Balance or whatever it was.
So him being pro nuclear power he filmed the outside of one plant at what he thought was a respectable distance.
Wrong oh wrong.😂
He first got followed by a helicopter then diverted off the road /pinned in. And questioned... I can't recall if he was allowed to keep his camera and film.
I do remember the DOE guys involved were like "You're doing what??" As most they deal with are the enviro-whack a doodles etc. and of course 33flavors of possible Foreign or Domestic terrorists.
Not everyday that they get a conservative talk show host. Even one that had a fairly small audience.😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts