Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as to let you get one a WEEK with a slingshot and rocks, you could have taken a dozen, with LESS effort, with traps, snares, etc.

A sling BOW,with arrows, dumbass, will have MANY times the effective range of slingshot and rocks. You put an arrow thru a rabbit, and he tries to run, he gets the ARROW caught in something, and he's hung up. The slingbow, however, is mostly useful for catching fish, in shallow water. Fish to big and fast to be stunned by slapping the water with a flat "paddle" sort of club, and in too large, deep a pool for grabbing them by hand. It's also pretty useful on frogs.You only have to get within 15 ft or so to make the arrow work ok on frogs, as vs within 5 ft with a spear. Its much easier to get within 15 ft, of course. also, unlike with a slingshot, a hit ANYWHERE on the frog renders him unable to escape.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
for rabbits, you use blunts or judo points they don't tend to get stuck in a rabbit.

Field points or broad heads would go through a rabbit, at least from a decent bow (not the toy bow you bought at k-mart with the picture of the indian on the plastic wrapper.)

I get the distinct impression that you really don't know a whole lot about archery, or haven't done much bow hunting with a modern bow - i.e. one made in the last 10 years...

:devil:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
GK said:
A sling BOW,with arrows, dumbass, will have MANY times the effective range of slingshot and rocks.
GK hasn't figured out yet that a modern slingshot can also fire an arrow and the forks are usually arranged to facilitate such activity.

He's also stuck on the idea that you just pick up a rock at random and fire it. It hasn't occured to him of the advanced concept of collecting and/or making ammo. The world is full of the debris of modern society.

What is it with GK and slingshots? I guess if guns are a religion, slingshots and other non-firearms are sacrilege.

Beware of the dreaded 'slingbow'. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Actually there is a slingshot club here in the Valley. They use a steel bearing and the range and accuracy is incredible!

1911sr

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Steel ball bearings and glass marbles work good. I'll often use 000 lead buckshot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts