Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trigger,and dont care about getting really good with a pistol anyway, Glock will serve you as well as anything else will.

However, if a guy is already a master shottist with a cocked and locked SA autopistol, Glocks offer him exactly ZERO reason to switch. Indeed, they are so inferior that he could waste many hundreds of hours (and $) practicing with them, and never get as good as he was/is with the SA's. So why bother? Big deal, they are plastic. That's no advantage in an off itself. Nor is the "safe action", nor the Tenifer finish.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have seen some folks who are extremely proficient with a Glock. Take Grand Master David Sevigny for instance, or Viejo, or Kyle F., etc., etc. For some reason, the Glock just seems to be a fit for those guys. Of course they can do equally well with a SA 1911 type trigger. As they say, it's the singer not the song.

As for the Glock platform having nothing to offer a guy who has mastered the SA 1911 style (or 2011) platform, I tend to agree. Unless a guy just wants a really functional tool. Some very good 1911 pistoleros have been known to pack a baby Glock CCW. Once mastered, the Glock trigger is not a handicap at CQB distances.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw Dave Sevigny shooting at the Conyers GSSF match a few weeks back.
Supernatural dude. He's a young guy still in his 20's and started in his late teens or early 20's. Not sure what he started with.

Another range officer and shooter there showed me his G35 with it's trigger tuned for competition. It was definitely in the 1911 ballpark albeit maybe not the finest tuned 1911. But easily comparable to my stock Springfield Loaded 4 lb trigger which itself is better than others I've owned or handled.

For the shooting that 90% of real fights would be like, Glock shouldn't be any handicap. But agreed, a Master of the 1911 doesn't NEED a Glock just to shoot any better. I find them easier to live with one a 24x7 basis though.

Damn sight easier to clean!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I"ve never seen a need to clean the ccw gun more

than about once a year. I cleaned the practice guns once every 3000 rds or so, whether they needed or not. :) Until they either start filming my glasses with thrown off crud, or fail to function, I never saw any reason to bother. The ccw gun has no need to see more than a few hundred rds a year, (of mild loads for 90% of that) So there's no real fouling problem to concern oneself with. It's more an anti-rust, check for cracks, get rid of lint-debris sort of a "cleaning", thing, with the ccw gun.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tiniest of the 1911 compacts is considerably more of a pocket gun than a Glock .45 is, for a fact. Especially the LDA ParaOrd single stack. Having the hammer down saves ya .5" of OAL, ya know.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If gunkid never cleans a CCW gun but once a year that means he never carries. You would think pocket carry would pick up lint, threads, and all kinds of gunk. Proof gunkid has zero knowledge of CCW and is not serious.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
DJet, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Clean a CCW or a duty weapon once a year or every three thousand rounds? Are you mad? My weapons get cleaned EVERY time their fired. Of course I carry and practice with my guns because I like breathing. If you haven't touched one in twenty odd years, the point is moot.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I too clean my guns every time I shoot them. I appreciate firearms and they deserve care. The last thing I need is for a gun to barf because I neglected the poor thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
OK, point for point Andy.

Min fouling of actual carry gun except to clean lint, etc - which was in your post. And no rush cleaning the practice gun. Ok, but that was an after thought comment on my part anyway! ;)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's how you find OUT if a gun is reliable enough,man. neglect it,let it foul up with gunk, fire it upside down, using your little finger to pull the trigger. If it barfs, you can't trust it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
trigger,and dont care about getting really good with a pistol anyway, Glock will serve you as well as anything else will.

However, if a guy is already a master shottist with a cocked and locked SA autopistol, Glocks offer him exactly ZERO reason to switch. Indeed, they are so inferior that he could waste many hundreds of hours (and $) practicing with them, and never get as good as he was/is with the SA's. So why bother? Big deal, they are plastic. That's no advantage in an off itself. Nor is the "safe action", nor the Tenifer finish.
Again a multi tasking: LIAR and a DUMBASS.
No clue that you can work over a Glock trigger to be smooth and crisp. And no special jigs or other tools are needed.
Only real needed tool is IF you are changing interface between the striker and the trigger bar and maybe changing the connector also.
Special slide cover inspection plate.

Oh, and it's got no safety? Wrong again IGMO. Maybe not a traditional one but it's there.

But t do agree the Glock, or similar designs, will never be a 1911 because a Glock is a Glock and a 1911 is a 1911.
As in no 💩 sherlock.
Can't help it that you have no skill to shoot both accurately at distances past 15feet and are a one trick trigger system pony. Or maybe phoney baloney pony in this case.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
This from someone who has never fired a Glock in his life. It's been 35 years since the old boy has touched a gun legally, so what current experience could he possibly have? Oh, he may have snuck a shot or two with the stolen SKS and Papoose guns, but realistic training and practice with an AR or modern self defense gun? How? Yet he screams how he is such an expert "shottist". Again, how?

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That's how you find OUT if a gun is reliable enough,man. neglect it,let it foul up with gunk, fire it upside down, using your little finger to pull the trigger. If it barfs, you can't trust it.
That's how you find out you're dead. Only a complete moron, would not keep his CCW clean and ready for use. Using your method, you won't find out it is unreliable until you try to use it.

Hopefully nobody will follow your dangerous advice.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
"Hopefully nobody will follow your dangerous advice."

Only person that would follow Tard's advice would be a 6 year old from some third world country.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If the worthless Tard don't like Glocks, how come he is thrown off glock forum so often? He was there with a shortened version of his fake name. Spouting off like usual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts