Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an alloy framed Commander in 460, with the spare mag loaded with 90 gr swc's, at 2200 fps. I'd have a Commander slide and a Govt Model's 5" barrel, with a 4oz muzzlewt around the protruding 1" of barrel. The gun would normally be loaded with a 70 gr, 3 segment prefrag, at 2400 fps, for use against men, hyenas, and the smaller antelope. In a couple of seconds, if a large critter or real precision accuracy was needed, I could swap mags and jack the slide. 90 grs at 2200 fps is 950 ft lbs, but the recoil is no worse than plus P 230 gr .45 jhp's, which the muzzlewt would make quite 'tame enough".

Zero the gun at 50m with the swc's,and not CARE that the prefrags are a foot off of POA at that range. On game, use Kentucky windage,if need be. In a fight, never shoot that well,anyway, when actually under fire. The swc's 'only" group 6" at 50m from such a gun. Breaks my heart.

The pistol would of course be kept concealed, so as to keep the element of surprise where it BELONGS. :)

Aint a damned thing(of any practical nature) that a 6-8" M29 Smith .44 can do that such a 460 1911 can't, and the Rowland can certainly do MANY things that the .44 can't, like be comfortable as ccw'd, and react,draw, and hit 3 men's chests, at 10m, in 2 seconds flat, from a surrender start.. :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
And the farmer hauled a-n-o-t-h-e-r load away, it ain't hay, it ain't hay ...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Odds are that if you had actually gone to Rhodesia you'd have been packing a 9mm P35 HiPower and an FAL in 7.62mmNATO.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Its obviously time to relive the fantasy! Wannabe.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
As usual, a post based in fantasy rather than in reality. Theres plenty of 460 in africa, right GK.

Keep posting the drivel. Ignorance becomes you.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Speaking of .460s, I finally broke down and bought one. Actually, it's part of a Kimber I'm buying through, and having a bit of pre-sale work done on by, Clark Custom. Can't wait to try it out. Due in by spring, 2005.

Regards,
Jon

·
Registered
135 Posts
If he had gone to Rhodesia or any other war zone we wouldn't have to read his stupidity. He'd be dead, no? :D

1911sr

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
" He'd be dead, no?"

Very likely yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts