Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
If u could read,

you'd KNOW that what I said about a 55 gr 9mm and 8.0 grs of Bullseye is so. TRY your wussy 5.0 grs of BE with such a bullet, it won't even cycle the slide. The hollowbase and light wt mean so little friction between bullet and rifling that the bullet squirts out of the muzzle before it can build much pressure at all. I've said the same thing about 70 gr .45's of the same type, and you were too cheap and lazy to check THAT out, too.

Steve Camp got 50 gr RBCD 9's at 2200 fps and not even a Plus P load, lames. You really should get out more, you MIGHT learn something, now and then.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay Andy, I'll give you a fair question. What is the accuracy (group size) of your 55gr 9mm and 70gr 45's at 15 yds and 25 yds? Now what is the velocity at those distances?

I remember reading that back in the 1930's the Danish had a gun named the Schobue (sp?) in, I think, 45cal that fired a wooden bullet with an aluminum jacket at an incredible velocity for a handgun. They abandoned the project when they found that it was accurate only out to about 15ft and that accuracy couldn't be improved. Thats the reason I'm asking.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
' in the 1930's the Danish had a gun named the Schobue (sp?) in, I think, 45cal that fired a wooden bullet with an aluminum jacket at an incredible velocity for a handgun."

Im impressed RIKA. Very few peple have ever heard of the Schobe.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thank you kind sir ((curtsey))

RIKA :)

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
gunkid/erika, I'd love to hear about the velocities that you have attained and the group sizes that you have experience. If possible please provide the weather conditions that day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts