Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if your bulky ccw pc gets spotted, and have a big enough hand to handle a double stack, you probably will never get good enough to notice that the alloy compact 1911 is a bit better in all respects than is a Glock. :) A Glock is rather like a revolver. If you WORK hard enough,long enough, you can get either of those pcs, or indeed, even a DA-SA Beretta to turn in scores that are ALMOST as good as the very best men turn in with an alloy compact 1911. However, one is left wondering why anyone bothers to do all the extra work, to end up in second place.

Yes, you can get a horse to do certain somewhat interesting things, but it's never going to beat even a Model A Ford in a cross country race, assuming a good mechanic is driving and he knows enough to take along an adequate supply of spare parts. In fact,the horse will be run to death the first day, trying to keep up with the obsolete old clunker Ford.

Yes, the horse can go SOME places that the car cannot, but virtually no place that a mountain bicycle cant. Yes, the 9mm Glocks are very durable, when shooting that pantywaist load. I've not heard similar claims about the .45 Glock, however.

In any case, if you can afford enough 12c per shot ammo to wear out a practice-type gun, you can also afford another such gun. A typical practice gun is $600 or less, and that's only 5000 such rds. So the guys who shoot that much or more per year, obviously also afford a new gun every few years. You don't HAVE to shoot more than 2000 or so CENTERFIRE handgun rds a year, to MAINTAIN A class, realistic shooting ability. So if you DO shoot that much, it's just for FUN, and you should adjust the amounts of fun according to your budget.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Someone forgot to take their ADD meds again. Major subject drift.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"A Glock is rather like a revolver."

You are slandering revolvers John.

·
Registered
750 Posts
A Glock is like a revolver? Good Grief, is this hit the crack pipe Sunday or something? LOL

The trigger on my G34 is better than 85% of the 1911's I've handled in terms of smooth break and trigger reset. Anyone that would say that has never busted a cap with a Glock. My G34 breaks at 3lbs. and G26 at 4 1/2 lbs on a digital trigger scale with a reset that is equal to any factory 1911 and far better than any SA/DA.

I've owned 1911s and S&W revolvers for 25 years in all calibers and have had far more trouble with them than my Glocks. That experience is why I shoot Rugers for revolvers and Glocks for auto's. I'm not pissy about it though, time passes and things get better.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Gunkid, the TOP IDPA masters have been winning first over all for the last 4 years have used.... Glocks, Berettas (DA/SA), and Sig (DA/SA). They have been beating 1911s at the top. The Glock was a 34 (9mm), the Beretta was in .40, and the Sig was in .45! They even beat Rob Letharm, the great IPSC champion.

You don't have a clue about Glocks, but then you don't get to even touch guns, and surely not shoot anywere near as much as people here.

And gunkid, the CAR is a losers gun.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Teufelhund said:
I've owned 1911s and S&W revolvers for 25 years in all calibers and have had far more trouble with them than my Glocks. That experience is why I shoot Rugers for revolvers and Glocks for auto's. I'm not pissy about it though, time passes and things get better.

Teuf,
Pretty much mirrors my experience and preferences 100%.
What's real odd is what's given me trouble in S&W revolvers have been the N and L frames. The supposedly "weaker" K frames never ever gave me trouble and they were all models in .357 like 19's and 66's.

And the only 1911 I ever owned that had easily fixable problems is an AMT Hardballer. Which is brand not noted for good QC so go figure. :scatter:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I like how a Model A ford can beat a horse cross country, but then has to back peddle because he realized he screwed up and had to add a mountain bike in to recover. But, he stops short of trying to claim a mountain bike can beat a horse cross country. Very funny post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts