Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Andy, I don't know what part of the country you are in, but here in north Florida where I live you are just as likely to wind up in jail for shooting a dog or a cat as you are for shooting your wife. Discreetness would definitely be in order for this issue.

But honestly, if a dog came onto my property and contested my right to be there, I would not hesitate to safely remove him from the contest by any means expedient and final. I consider any dog that growls at me as being a threat to my health and safety.

Cats don't normally challenge a human being, and are much more prone to recognize that value of avoiding someone firing bird bombs at them.

Closest I have come to shooting a dog sized animal with a handgun was a raccoon (is that spelled right? EVERY way I type it looks wrong!) that had something seriously wrong with it. I used a .357 Sig, and it dispatched it instantly like it got hit by lightning. I did not inspect to see where the round actually struck, because if that animal had rabies, I did not want to come in very close contact with it.

But yeah, I think too many people think someone shot will act like the actors do in movies folowing the script. It has probably been a lethal surprise to some people when it didn't happen that way.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Andy - just exactly IS this 460 Rowland? You mention it many times here, but I will confess that I don't have a clue what it is, and probably some other people don't as well.

Can you tell us more about it, please? Evidently it has made a big impression on you, and I, for one, would like to know more details about it.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts