Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the restrictions about size, wt of gun, load, shirt-CCW, 5 hand starts, same size target and range, and SEE how "slothlike" 1.40 is, for a 10 draw average. You wont see half a dozen guys beat that time, and I dont care who shows up for the match. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
andy:

I never said a 1.4 draw was sloth like under your parameters. What I said is with the gamer gear in vogue today 1.40 is mighty slow. In fact, I can personally whack that 12X24 rectangle in 1.40 all day long with an unzipped jacket for a cover garment no matter what the hand position, and my draw is pathetic for my classification.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So? Under YOUR bs gear "limits", I can probably STILL average 1.20 seconds, and back then, it would have been 1.10 seconds. Lots of guys TALK a good match, but then the pressure gets to them, and gee, they MISS a lot.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ah, now we are on the same page. FWIW, under my BS gear limits, 1.20 wouldn't be anything to brag about. I guess that's why my gear limits are BS?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Ron, they are only "bs" because you voiced your opinion of what timings were like 30 years ago when they still used stop watches or early timers compared to what todays shooters can achieve.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
My experience is that Akney is right. With the proper holster and draw techniques 1.20 seconds ia not very fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts