Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
against 4 other gunmen, would YOU take SA revolvers, instead of Lever action rifles? Would you just stupidly stroll down the street to the OK corral, or would you use leapfrog movements, cover to cover, always having 3 guys behind cover, whenever 1 moved? The Earps were anything BUT good gunfighters.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but they won, didn't they? And Doc holiday had a 10 gauge shotgun. They had the mindset, the cowboy's didn't.

Attachments

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Do you even have 3 buds?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Goddamn man, they were LEOs, not assassins. Their job was to kick them out of town / disarm them, not soldier through the streets shooting cowhands they didn't like.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My thoughts exactly

KJUN said:
Do you even have 3 buds?
I was thinking the same thing. Of course, it was rhetorical, anyway, because it's pretty obvious how many buds he has. :bawling: :argue:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
not to drift,but I STILL like that Val Kilmer portrayal of Doc Holiday....he had that whole tubercular-laudanum addicted drunk -and I don't give a $hit-thing down pat.Sort of like an armed Iggy Pop when he was still into the speedball.

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
Kind of depends on the scenario, but then I have trained with multiple type of firearms, where others more inept haven't!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
gripper said:
not to drift,but I STILL like that Val Kilmer portrayal of Doc Holiday....he had that whole tubercular-laudanum addicted drunk -and I don't give a $hit-thing down pat.Sort of like an armed Iggy Pop when he was still into the speedball.
He really should have gotten an oscar for that role.

It was one of the best played characters I've seen on a movie.

Maybe with the exception of Robert Downey Jr. in Less Than Zero.

Of course, RDJ was a crack addict playing a crack addict so I guess he had a bit of an advantage....

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Coyote said:
Nice kit Garand!
Yes it us. If I have to go to the OK Corral I want Garand to go with me!

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
lololololol

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
Or how many of his buds in jail, have had him?????.................. am I bad:):):)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Funny thing is, since Blueboy is andy is gunkid, the very tactics he thinks the LEOs should have used, would be denounced as JBT tactics by him had they used them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Cpl Punishment said:
Funny thing is, since Blueboy is andy is gunkid, the very tactics he thinks the LEOs should have used, would be denounced as JBT tactics by him had they used them.

That's one of those little inconsistancies that made melvin SO loved wherever he went.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Movie scene in Tombstone- OK corral

I recall seeing Val Kilmer as John "Doc" Holliday fire three shots from that sawed-off double barrel without opening it to reload after he fired the first and second shots. Also, one of the Earp's letting "Ike" Clanton run away because "Ike" yelled out that he wasn't armed was pure Hollywood hype.:uzi::uzi::bow01::bow01:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, you have to remember...they went down there to "disarm" them....not to fight. Also, it was stupid that they let Ike go (a couple times)..but it did set up the great "You tell em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me!" scene.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I recall seeing Val Kilmer as John "Doc" Holliday fire three shots from that sawed-off double barrel without opening it to reload after he fired the first and second shots. Also, one of the Earp's letting "Ike" Clanton run away because "Ike" yelled out that he wasn't armed was pure Hollywood hype.:uzi::uzi::bow01::bow01:
I'm going to have to watch it again and look for the three shots.... I like those movies....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ok for future reference to all FNG's, and or you new guys.

please do me a favor and quit vomiting up andy's old moldy posts. i like to see that ya'll are getting some amusement out of his ranting, ravings and general stupidity. we been there done that, thank god hes gone, at least for a while. so instead of using his posts make up some new ones, even if there about his old posts subjects. i personally would like to see a new and improved combat wheelbarrow thread. i'm sure one of ya'll will be able to upgrade any subject andy has written about. i leave it in your capable hands from this point forward.:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts