Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

if YOU and 3 buds were going to a gunfight

4K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  John in AR 
#1 ·
against 4 other gunmen, would YOU take SA revolvers, instead of Lever action rifles? Would you just stupidly stroll down the street to the OK corral, or would you use leapfrog movements, cover to cover, always having 3 guys behind cover, whenever 1 moved? The Earps were anything BUT good gunfighters.

#2 ·
Maybe I'm wrong, but they won, didn't they? And Doc holiday had a 10 gauge shotgun. They had the mindset, the cowboy's didn't.

Attachments

Reactions: BigEd
#16 ·
Movie scene in Tombstone- OK corral

I recall seeing Val Kilmer as John "Doc" Holliday fire three shots from that sawed-off double barrel without opening it to reload after he fired the first and second shots. Also, one of the Earp's letting "Ike" Clanton run away because "Ike" yelled out that he wasn't armed was pure Hollywood hype.:uzi::uzi::bow01::bow01:

#7 ·
Kind of depends on the scenario, but then I have trained with multiple type of firearms, where others more inept haven't!!

Attachments

#8 ·
gripper said:
not to drift,but I STILL like that Val Kilmer portrayal of Doc Holiday....he had that whole tubercular-laudanum addicted drunk -and I don't give a $hit-thing down pat.Sort of like an armed Iggy Pop when he was still into the speedball.
He really should have gotten an oscar for that role.

It was one of the best played characters I've seen on a movie.

Maybe with the exception of Robert Downey Jr. in Less Than Zero.

Of course, RDJ was a crack addict playing a crack addict so I guess he had a bit of an advantage....

Reactions: BigEd
#11 ·
lololololol

#13 ·
Or how many of his buds in jail, have had him?????.................. am I bad:):):)

#17 ·
Well, you have to remember...they went down there to "disarm" them....not to fight. Also, it was stupid that they let Ike go (a couple times)..but it did set up the great "You tell em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me!" scene.

#20 ·
ok for future reference to all FNG's, and or you new guys.

please do me a favor and quit vomiting up andy's old moldy posts. i like to see that ya'll are getting some amusement out of his ranting, ravings and general stupidity. we been there done that, thank god hes gone, at least for a while. so instead of using his posts make up some new ones, even if there about his old posts subjects. i personally would like to see a new and improved combat wheelbarrow thread. i'm sure one of ya'll will be able to upgrade any subject andy has written about. i leave it in your capable hands from this point forward.:cool:

#21 ·
Oh my god...

I just realized that at this point I don't even have three partners within three hours of hard driving.

As for the OK Corral, which incidentally, was just an alley, down the street from the AOK Corral and up the street from the POS Corral, the Earps and Doc went gunning, sort of, at least Doc was gunning, and the Cowboys, well, they were only visiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.