Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many possible SHTF situations may happen. In some of them you may not be able eo carry a rifle assembled and ready for ummrdiate action. If that's so what would you do?
I think you need to select a pistol that as nearly as possible csn fill the rifle role.
My solution wold be to carry my SIG-Sauer P226 9mm wirh 10 15 round magazines. With one round in the chamber that gives me 151 shots combined with accuracy, reliability and rapid reloading.
What would you do in similar circumdtsnces?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
For the hi-cap 9mm situation and going with what I have, the Browning Hi-Power w/13rd mags or the CZ75 with 15rd mags. For the 45acp, the 1911 Colt with 8rd mags.

Actually a mini-Uzi would be nice.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I Would Click My Heels 3 Times

while chantingggggggggg blah...blah....blah... :laugh:

i agree, a good soild/reliable handgun with that many ready reloads

WILL prove invaluable in that 'setting' , most of the hands here know the extended capabilites, of there sidearms.

i posted a couple of days ago about being invaded by a friend from long island, well his buddy had a $3000 back-pack gold/metal detector,

so we went to a little glory-hole canyon i know about[these guys could not MANUVER, without a side walk under foot,] anyway there was a beer can laying about 70to75 yards up the slope with the sun glinting off of it[don't ask me how it got there :dunce: ]

well it disapeard[hit] on the 5th shot from me and my 4506[these boys just LOOKED at each other pretty hard,ha! it was cool!]

i did issue them both handguns for the outing[they basically can't touch them, there] i only have [6]mags for#4506 and [4] for the#p220

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Either a Glock 19 9mm or a full sized Colt 1911 .45. I have no perference of the two. There are many good service pistols and all will do the job.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
1) Colt Government Model in .45 with 1x 8rd Wilson Magazine and 6x 10rd Wilson mags. If thats not enough I still have 7 Wilson & McCormick 8rdes available.
2) Alternate solution is my Colt Combat Commander in 9mm with 8x 9rd magazines.
3) Alternate to the Alternate solution is a 4" S&W M66 with 17 speedloaders

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I do not carry a rifle ready for action in my personal life, it must be that Long Island thing. I do carry a pistol though. I carry what I am authorized to carry by my job, a Glock 19. I carry two spare mags at all times, sometimes as many as 5 more. Somebody starts shooting at me with arifle though, I am hightailing it if I can.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Well, like everyone else, I'd carry a nice, reliable pistol and a butt-load of reloads.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
u cant carry the kitchen sink.

There's more likelihood of needing a silenced .22 pistol than of needing more power and range than the pocket Star can provide (in the hands of a proven master pistolero) and that a silly DA belt pistol can provide (with typical ammo) The canned .22 pistol is a lOT more needed by the guy who has no canned rifle, too.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
My primary carry handgun is a Glock 19 with +P+ black talons (now called "ranger talons"). Eight 15-rounders, two 10-rounders, and two 31-rounders; all factory Glock mags. Never have tried to carry all of them at once; carry one in the gun, two 15-round spares, and two 31-rounders (loaded with just 29) in the vehicle. Glock 26 allows a level of magazine commonality, as well as ammo commonality.

If it's a "low profile"-required situation (since the longarm has to be hidden, this seems likely), I'd be tempted by a suppressed pistol, if I had one available.

If in a situation where I regularly wanted to carry a rifle/carbine, but had to hide it, it'd take some considering the taken-down AR versus a folding carbine, even if in a pistol caliber. Even if not "ideal", retrieving the folder from backpack/briefcase and unfolding would be some faster into action than re-assembling my taken-down AR; but the AR would in fact be reasonably quick into action, and much more capable once it was.

Depends on situation and circumstances.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
There was nothing defined on how we had to carry it, just what to carry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts