Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I actually used that holster for my issue Browning 9mm, when I deployed to the Middle East in the late '70's.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
There is still something about an M- Garand. The two I bought from CMP were well worth the money. And hey, I have a GI Tankers holster just like that.
To me the M1 Garand is like the 1886 winchester - I think they're both beautiful, capable rifles, but I just have no interest in one. Not knocking it at all, a guy with either one could kill me; but they're just heavier than I like for their respective types of guns.

For that matter, not knocking all heavy guns either. I have a heavy-barrelled AR in 223 Wylde with a nice Zeiss scope on it and a heavy-barrelled .308 bolt action savage, both of which I like a lot.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Geographical area, 365 day temperature fluctuations, ranges encountered, bullet variety, federal firearms laws, availability & combat reputation have all contributed to making a decision.

As for my 14.5" AR, I see it mainly as a 150-200 yd defensive weapon.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
what's the point of having a rifle that's not used for anything but big game? Don't you want to know if your loads are adequate? How about if you really CAN lug around the 60+ lbs of bs that you "think" you want to carry if shtf. :) you 'think" that 223's just bounce off of you at 400 yds, but they wont, I can assure you. Nor will subsonic 60 gr .22's at 100 yds. The fact is that ONE .22 in you, shtf, and it's all over but the crying, dude. To "think" you'll be out there, hunting, with a noisy gun in daylight, is pure bs. To do so will be the end of you. Get real and put some armor into your BOB, cause most people WILL have nothing more than a pistol, pistol caliber carbine, .30 carbine, muzzle loader, pellet rifle, arrows with target points, .22, shotgun, all of which 5 lbs of concealable armor will stop. 15 lbs and $1500 of rifle rated armor make no sense for shtf, but pistol armor does. You won't be using the rifle armor, cause it's just too damned hot and heavy, but you CAN use the pistol armor. I"m probably the only one that would bother to make a set of kevlar boxers, but anyone can get a kevlar vest, $200 or so. I"ve done personal testing and they last FAR longer than the maker's 10 year "limit", if they've not been removed from their plastic seal. Getting them wet or letting them get sunlight on them will weaken them, and sooner rather than later. because of the uncertainty of the armor's effectiveness, kevlar vests often go for very low prices.
Some of us know for a fact what we can carry, because unlike you, we do it. People have survived far worse than a single .22 long before modern medicine.
if it’s SHTF, I’ll be in full battle rattle, plates and all. I doubt you’ve worn any type of armor on a really hot day.

you won’t be wearing armor, but plenty of others will be.

kevlar boxers? OMFG! Sure. Have fun walking, running, and doing anything else while wearing them. But, be sure to post pictures if you ever actually make them.

the AR is the most popular platform in the US right now. There are literally millions of them in the hands of folk that know how to use them. You’re a fool if you don’t think they will be what you encounter most.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
John, i KNOW you know the facts. I dont bother to post anything (other than the occasional jibe) for those 2 twits. I mainly write to the general reader, nobody in particular. I couldn't care less what those 2 twits waste their time and money on. In fact, I hope it gets worse! :)
So you start a post insulting the general reader? Good strategy for appearing knowledgeable. Great way to get people to take you seriously. Can you really be this clueless?

or were you trying to make a pathetic excuse for messing up the thread from the start?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
the 308 is a travesty, really, cause it's just a bipod only clunk when it's canned, and to not have a can will be the height of stupidity, if shtf.
Bipod only? Fucks sake how fucking out of shape are you in IGMO?
You ever heard of using a sling?
Or a ruck sack?
Slung up standing it's no troubles hitting a target at 100 to 300 yards you Candyassed yardbird.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
He just keeps posting his weakness's over and over. Doesn't he realize what a fool he makes out of himself? Big time professional with firearms. Except: .308's are too heavy to fire from the shoulder. What a dumb, blanket statement. WHAT .308? Every man in my basic training fired an M-14 from the shoulder and they are heavy, but no one had trouble hitting at 100 Meters. There are many .308's, He can't handle the noise and recoil of the .308, so it's useless to anyone. He has to have a "can" and ear plugs because he is noise sensitive and can't shoot his (imagined) 9MM without donning ear plugs first. Biggest caliber anyone needs is .223 because anything else "kicks" too much and you will miss because of it. The .223 is a bit much for him so you MUST have a .22 unit or the AR-15 platform is useless. Don't even bring up shotguns. Totally useless because they're way too loud and they "kick" horribly. Better a .22 pistol with a silencer for harvesting game. Not for SHTF, but at any time. Simply drive down the road and shoot the game out the window. Deer are no problem, just brain them out the window with the suppressed .22. (Can't handle the carcass though, bad back,) He can out draw anyone with his pocket draw, any other carry method is too slow. Gotta don the ear plugs first of course. Between his complete gun idiocy and his endless (YEARS!) of garbage bag-mylar experimentation he is the biggest hands down clown of the shooting, hunting, hiking, survival Forums.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts