Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yds, with no range finder, one shot at each, say, 10 targets, 12"x24", at random distances and directions, up and down hills, over water, thru narrow cuts in trees, etc, with the old 1500 fps .45-70 load, sights, etc. ANY time, anybody. not a damned one of you bser's DARES try it.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Why don't you respond in the already posted thread? Why start a new one? Not enough attention?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
He's just peeing himself because the .45-70 is a great cartridge, but has too much power for him to handle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
How does "a trained calvaryman was expected to hit a six by six foot target at 600 yards." get morphed into a 12"x24" target?

BTW- Before PN yanked it, I saw a great many wagers offered to "andy", that he didn't accept. I saw a few offers to take "andy" up on wagers he offered, none that he followed through on.

One sticks in my mind something about him taking one shot at someone at long range (5-600 yards comes to mind) and the other person being allowed to shoot back all they wanted.

"andy" crawfished out right away by NOT using his 10"car, instead wanting some wildcat hotrod round.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I couldn't hit shit at that far with my gear. best to let em pass.

cheers

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
these blowhards can't either. :)
What’s your point? You can’t do it with your CAR with iron sights, GI round, etc. under the same conditions either.

so, again, what is the point you’re trying to make?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
His point is if the world champion internet (and probably prison showers ) blowhard top hand shattist of the Melvinverse can't do it no one can.

It'd be embarrassing to his self proclaimed and imaginary God like abilities.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Back in the day, when I shot Service Rifle matches with an FN C1A1 is 7.62 NATO the 500 yd deliberate stage was 7 rds on a 18"x 24" target with a 10" circle in the center, scoring 5 & 4. The rifles were allowed ONLY 2 modifications 1) shaved front site to .053" 2) trigger smoothed to 6 pound pull. My average score was 28 out of a possible 35. When we switched to the Canadian version of the M16, we call the C7 my average dropped to 27 out of a possible 35. Could I do it now, I have no idea, but it is possible Melvin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts