Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over hitting him 5 times, 120 ft lb .32 ACP load. :) In the time it takes you to get those 4 extra hits, I can clear a malfunction. The rd in the chamber CAN'T fail to feed, ya know, and it's the first rd in the gun that has the best chance of saving you. the more rds you have to fire, the more LUCK you need to survive the attack. I"ll take a 356 TSW Star(that fails to feed or extract-eject) once in every 10 shots, over a FLAWLESSLY functioning .32, ANY day. NOt that I'd except a failure rate of once in 100, but that a .32 is so POOR. An EMPTY gun can bluff. So can one with a broken firing pin, but once you DO have to fire, a .22 is a better choice than a .32, cause you are more likely to PRACTICE enough to reliably hit the HEAD with it (just like you are going to have to do with the .32, in order to have a reasonable expectation of stopping an attacker. 3000 rds a year thru a pocket .22lr is nothing much. It would send a .32 Keltec back to the factory for SURE, probably 2-3x, in fact.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Recycled post. Yawwwwn.

Ever think what happens if the other guy hits you FIRST with the 32? Good hit and you're down for the count breathing your last breath while the other guy takes your stuff.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
If you want to try an intelligent comparison how about 5.45 vs 5.56mm or .17 HMR against .22 WMR?????

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
gunkids .356 Star won't fail to extract or feed. It will just blow up. Another stupekid post.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
How DOES this $hit start/?...the obvious point here is that the best gear available,but in the hands of someone not minding his 6,simply means that the uber gear winds up in the hands of theold man,young kid,12 year old girl whoparked an "underpowered/obsolete" round in the bearer's brainpan.Hey,ya gotta re-supply wher you can :noevil:

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
No surprise here; I as well would rather have my .223's 55-grainers than my .32acp in a fight.

Thing is, my AR's not real likely to be in my pocket if I suddenly need it.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Garand said:
If you want to try an intelligent comparison how about 5.45 vs 5.56mm or .17 HMR against .22 WMR?????

I'd like to see some comparison between the .17 HMR and the .22 magnum myself. I'm considering getting a rifle in one of the 2 calibers.

If I go the route of the Ruger 10/22, I suppose I could just play with both, as I believe there's a .17 HMR barrel available for the .22 magnum version.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why dis hear fool be talkin about a rifle in a forum for handguns?

Some things he sayin make sense but the whole thing don't all stuffed together

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Mustapha;Andy heretends to fall back on /answere anything in general by reverting to his liking for short-barreled CAR type weapons.Think of it as a nevous tic,or a behavioral reflex.Hey ,he annoys me from time to time,but WTH,theres things that bug me more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts