Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
That’s good. Hopefully supply will catch back up with demand in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Talking to my local dealer, we are going to start seeing S&B Primers up here soon. Since they come from Europe hopefully there will be decent stock available.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the US makers are doing what they can under the virus limiations. It's gong to have to be imported primers that save the day When guys can make and sell reloads. things will catch up, but its going to take a year or more. I"m surprised that they are not asking 10c per primer. When I was in S africa 40 years ago, primers brought 35c each in current USD money.. I bet match attendanc is WAY off. We'll never see matches again if biden gets in cause he intends to put a 500% tax on ammo. Criminals only need 10 rds, so such a tax is not aimed at crooks. It's aimed at people who like to shoot a lot. Any Republican Seneator who doesn't vote to stop such legislation needs to be re-called. Do NOT wait for his election cycle. to come around.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I’m fortunate enough to have bought a bunch (gradually over time) when they were cheap. Still have around 53k on hand in all, but that includes 1-2k of 209 primers that only get used with wax-bullet 45LC loads. I do have an inexpensive muzzle loader that also uses 209’s, but I haven’t shot it in at least two years.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Between the ammo that I have loaded, plus 20,000 assorted primers, my wife and I have enough ammo for 2 years of normal match attendance.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Powder is the only thing I don’t have enough of, but I’m working on that a couple pounds at a time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts