Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to my Class 3 guy again today, and still no word on my ATF paperwork releasing my suppressed Mark 2. He's called them three times in the past month about it, with no resolution or even idea of where it is in the process.

We sent the forms and "tax" to them in early May; so

June...
July...
August...
September...
October...
November...
December...,

and no help from them, and no recourse for us.

If this was my first one, I could at least somewhat understand the delay, doing a complete background check. But they approved and released one for me already this year, just back in June; so how much more could there be to check out about me since then…?

No incentive for them to be efficient, and no penalty for being inefficient; just cogs in the ".gov" machine.

Dilweeds. :mad:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
When a person has what is essentially a 'job for life' there is no motivation to do anything but the minimum job. I hope you get your approval papers by the end of the year or at least in January.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
John in AR said:
Talked to my Class 3 guy again today, and still no word on my ATF paperwork releasing my suppressed Mark 2. He's called them three times in the past month about it, with no resolution or even idea of where it is in the process.

We sent the forms and "tax" to them in early May; so

June...
July...
August...
September...
October...
November...
December...,

and no help from them, and no recourse for us.

If this was my first one, I could at least somewhat understand the delay, doing a complete background check. But they approved and released one for me already this year, just back in June; so how much more could there be to check out about me since then…?

No incentive for them to be efficient, and no penalty for being inefficient; just cogs in the ".gov" machine.

Dilweeds. :mad:
Have you contacted your local ATFE personally? If you don't get an answer that satisfies you, ask for the name of his department head and contact him. You can also write to the director of ATFE. The address is available on line, but they won't answer e-mails, You would have to write him. I got a little ticked getting my C&R and wrote and got a response (favorable) in ten day's. Taking that long is ridiculous in this day and age.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i 'met' a guy right here in 'T' town [that produces them,LEGALLY OF COURSE]

and for $600[minus/not counting, the $200 tax stamp] i would be the proud owner of a rugerMK#II suppressed pistol.

[this was about 2 years ago, and i don't recall keeping his 'card', but i do know where he fort's-up at/lives] i was busy,at the time,and just half-assed listened to him![propane customer]

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brass; that’s right about what this was. On my pistol, cost only $350 + $200 tax. For that, he also black-teflons the gun & suppressor and installs Ruger factory adjustable sights.

Terry – I wondered about the “local ATF” thing myself. The paperwork on the previous suppressor I got, not only got sent to an address in D.C., it also came back postmarked from D.C.; this second one also got sent to D.C., not anywhere local. I don’t know what the local office’s function is (if any).

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well there’s a nice image… ;) (And $200 seems steep...)

Still no word. The local ATF office gave me a number in DC to call. Every time I’ve called it, I got the same voice mail box: “This is Gary. I’m not in right now; please leave a message and I’ll call you right back.” No department or office identification, no info at all, except that he’s apparently “Gary”.

Called three times; left my name & cell number, and no response back.

Paperwork & money sent in May…
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
now January…

That’s impressive inefficiency; they’ve taken eight months to process $200 worth of paperwork, and they’re not finished yet.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Local US Marshall call ATF keystone cops of Federal law enforcement.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Mabu Khan said:
Local US Marshall call ATF keystone cops of Federal law enforcement.
That sounds about right. Except BATFE did, bust the TARD once. Does that say something about their ability?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
hey, STILLWATER! how in the hell did you AMASS all them there REP-POINTS?

i'm gone a day or two, and you went from +0 to BREAKIN' THE FREAKIN' BANK! [what up wit' dat] :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts