Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta say it, THEY SUCK!!! I've had insurance for my SMALL construction company for several years. Ten years to be exact. Never once have I had to use it untill this past year. Back in the end of November I was ripped off for about $1500.00 or so on a job-site. Then again in December, I was stolen from again. That time, someone broke into my work truck and stole every power tool and nail gun I owned! Now both times there were several other thefts around our area. This was noted by both officers who responded to my thefts. Here's the pisser....
After turning in first claim, which with my deductible ($250) and the depreciation, They got me down to $610.00! The second claim was for roughly $3000.00, of which I don't know what they're going to pay yet.
Now my point of this post..... I was kindly sent a letter from my insurance company of ten years telling me they will not renew my policy when it is time for it!!! They said since I have had two losses in one calendar year of which they superceeded my premium, they will not renew mt policy!!! What the hell do we pay incurance companies for??? If this isn't intimidation, I don't know what is! We have insurance so when there is a problem they help us right? Wrong, they just dig in the knife a little deeper!!! Bottom line----Insurance companies--Theives without a gun!!!

Sorry, Had to rant!!!
Bob

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
i feel your pain man! you are correct! insurance companies SUCK! i've been saying we in america should pick a day and drop all insurance! all of it clear across the board. life,car, house, health,theft. these big shots in that BUSINESS would be screwed in a very short matter of time! i've often asked the question why the hell do pay these pricks just to have them decide what they will pay if they are in the mood and the moon is just right. if i could afford to pay insurancepremiums i wouldn't need it! :mad:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Well what I want to know if how the insurance companies got themselves exempt from federal and state discrimination laws.

How come they can base their premium prices on such things as age, sex, and race (via location profiling)? If that isn't discriminatory I sure would like to know what the hell is!

Take a look at what companies the largest buildings belong to when you drive through most large cities. Jacksonville, Florida is an excellent example. Insurance City.

And man, wouldn't I just love to have it a LAW that people HAD to have my product like they have arranged it with automobile insurance. I wonder how much money exchanged hands under the table to get THAT law passed?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just because some people may not know to look over on Rich's other site, here is where this same issue was discussed about a year ago...boring stuff, really, except when it's happening to you.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, Bob!

:shrugs:

link

·
Registered
48 Posts
Insurance sucks.

They take your money forever and ever, but you make 1 or 2 claims and they drop you like a hot potato, that is a bunch of B.S.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Again, I am not an apologist for the insurance industry, but, if people feel so strongly that insurance is nothing but a scam, they can always just self insure. That's always an option.

Even for those coverages (like personal auto liability insurance) that are required by law, most (if not all) States allow for a person to post a fiduciary bond in place of the insurance. It basically means that you will be responsible for the coverages that an insurance company would have supplied, should you have an event over which coverage would have been supplied from an insurance company.

If someone believes that insurance truly is a rip off deal, with no justification for the rates involved, this always out there as a possibility. However, if one researches the issue, and finds that he cannot afford to have the bond posted, even after the savings on premium are taken into account, it would appear that the premiums weren't such a rip off deal, after all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they ARE a ripoff, and they DO have a

gun at your head, both thru the laws about auto insurance, as well as the requirement that you have to have insurance to be a contractor, be bonded, etc. However, you can "become" a foreign based corporation, run an Internet site, cut way back on your expenses, and remove yourself from 90+% of this bs, if you want to. Nobody twisted your arm, made you have those kids, etc, ya know. It was YOUR choice, your ignorance about how it was going to be 25 years of drudgery-slavery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are crooks of a very high order.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay per month (or year) for this "insurance"?

Im sure you have spent over ten times what it would have cost to just replace the crap yourself.

Auto insurance is such a scam it makes me sick.

I must purchase the services of a FOR PROFIT PRIVATE company just to be able to "legally" drive MY auto on PUBLIC roads? I think not!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts