Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a barrel the other day that I can't ID. It was a 30 inch long 30 caliber barrel with a 5 point star on it. The breech end of the barrel was not threaded nor did it have any QD mounting system. There was a gas tap about 3/4 of the way down towards the muzzle and just in front of the gas tap on the left side if the hole was up a lit fuze bomb was stamped into the side.

I've never seen a barrel like this before. Any ideas?

Mike

·
Registered
611 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is the BAR, but they had a 24" barrel, maybe a custom job? I can't think of any auto-loading rifles with a 30in barrel in .30. It sounds American, though (5 point star, standard system measurements).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hard Rock said:
I ran across a barrel the other day that I can't ID. It was a 30 inch long 30 caliber barrel with a 5 point star on it. The breech end of the barrel was not threaded nor did it have any QD mounting system. There was a gas tap about 3/4 of the way down towards the muzzle and just in front of the gas tap on the left side if the hole was up a lit fuze bomb was stamped into the side.

I've never seen a barrel like this before. Any ideas?

Mike
Was the star near the Muzzle?? it might be a National Match barrel for a Garand, didnt they use a Star to designate those?? It's probably just a blank that wasnt threaded yet for installation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts