Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll have 18% inflation again, and what few manufacturing jobs are left will be gone. The construction industry will collapse, because nobody will be able to afford a new home, etc. All because people insist on eating beef and pork. If it wasn't for the huge waste of resources on eating large animals, and living far from the source of such, we'd be independent of foreign oil.

Same thing could be accomplished with special lanes for small, 1 person commuter-recliner-vehicles, and putting most housing underground. Such vehiucles can get 200mph, and each current vehicle lane could make 3 lanes for such a vehicle, and you can park 4 of them where you now park one car. They could be made in Mexico, sold here for $6k, too. something with a top speed of .40 mph doesn't NEED to be heavily insured, durable, etc, and something that gets 200 mph doesn't need smog crap on it, either.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shell got 500 mpg out of such a little recliner-cart, at 15 mph, on a little track at their refinery in Alton, ill. The single piston was the size of your thumb. Make a lane for bicycles and motocyles, if need be, and it won't MATTER that gas goes to $5 a gallon.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Actually, if you do the math 500mpg is more energy than you'd get if you were to convert 1 gallon of gas into pure energy, which is impossible. And even if you could, you'd still be faced with wind resistance, friction on the wheels bearings, etc.

This is just conspiracy theory BS, that surfaces from time to time.

:devil:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oh MAN, This is a funny one.

>>All because people insist on eating beef and pork. If it wasn't for the huge waste of resources on eating large animals, and living far from the source of such, we'd be independent of foreign oil.<<

HAHAHAHAHA What does one have to do with the other? HAHAHAHA

>>1 person commuter-recliner-vehicles, and putting most housing underground. Such vehiucles can get 200mph,<<

200 mph? HAHAHAHHAHA

>>They could be made in Mexico, sold here for $6k, too. something with a top speed of .40 mph doesn't NEED to be heavily insured, durable, etc<<

.40 mph? why not just WALK? LOL

>>200 mph doesn't need smog crap on it, either.<<

It is .40 or 200 mph? THis is TOO GOOD! LMAO

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can't SUSTAIN 4 mph, much less 40, clown. I already TOLD you, clown, Shell oil PROVED that a one man cart can attain FIVE HUNDRED mph. If you could read, you'd know. If you knew jack shit about what it COSTS to haul grain to the cattle, haul the cattle TO the slaughterhouse, and haul the meat TO the end user, you'd know that I'm right about that, too. You really ought to check your facts before you open your stupid mouth.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have been driving a truck for 4 years and have picked up a little knowledge about this.

Transportation costs are NOTHING when compared to the cost of simply raising the animal.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
People jog 10mph, dummy. A normal walk is between 3 and 4 mph (on pavement) easy to sustain.

BTW, I thought you meant to post mpg, not mph. ON that I stand corrected...

There's way too many problems with the 500mph to even go into.

Transportation costs are a factor, but they are being optimized all the time. (Logistics and transportation is something I know a little about, since I am in the process of ramping up a project on such.)

Some things can be easily solved, some cannot. Some will need infrastructure changes (and they are coming).

but you really don't understand how it all works.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Aslan said:
Actually, if you do the math 500mpg is more energy than you'd get if you were to convert 1 gallon of gas into pure energy, which is impossible. And even if you could, you'd still be faced with wind resistance, friction on the wheels bearings, etc.

BINGO! Aslan is exactly right, the energy in a gallon of gas is less than this ridiculous claim.

·
Registered
611 Posts
It won't be another "nam, other than the obvious (such as low death rate), the Iraqi Gov't is actually doing most of the fighting now, and is even doing a good job (unlike certain other Arab nations).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:

Aslan and GBullet are correct -- as always ...

However, there was just such a contraption built a while back. I recall that, who ever built this thing used .61cc model aircraft engine, and the device produced about a hundred miles per gallon, with model airplane 20 percent nitromethane fuel.

If I also remember correctly, the designers used a recovery system for the unburned fuel, the engine spewed out the exhaust, and reburned it again.

Incidentially, I have a friend that has built a supercharfed, single engine Kawasaki Motorcyle streamliner, that, three months ago, set a world record of about 340 mph, two ways at Bonneville. The owner of the streamliner is Sam Wheeler. I will try to find his website.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
No,substitue diesel for gas.MPG for MPH.& be a little creative.

Andy's typing is a little off but he's right.If you back off on the attack & think a minute you'll see that these ideas(or variants of) have been proposed in the past.
BIG OIL has shut them down.The cost of teaching the Aerican public has always been too high.It'll take a continuous $5/gal for people to learn.

I work at a truck dealership & I am reminded daily of the excess.Of the overweight crap pushed on the idiot consumer who just stands there w/open wallet waiting to be told how great this shit is.

There are sooo many ways that mpg could be improved w/just a small loss that it's infuriating to see it not done.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
http://www.almc.army.mil/alog/issues/MarApr01/MS635.htm

A quick overview of the technology that could easily be expanded on.This stuff would benefit everybody but OPEC.& who gives a shit about them?

Honda & Toyota are doing it now.Ford is even starting.GM was supposed to have gas/electric hybrid SUVs on the road per their own literature in 2003.
Where are they?No one pushes for them & GM isn't about to spend a nickel unless an even bigger gorilla sits on them.There are only two bigger gorillas.
One is the .GOV the other is Joe consumer.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
41mag said:
Andy's typing is a little off but he's right.If you back off on the attack & think a minute you'll see that these ideas(or variants of) have been proposed in the past.
BIG OIL has shut them down.

...Of the overweight crap pushed on the idiot consumer who just stands there w/open wallet waiting to be told how great this shit is.

...There are sooo many ways that mpg could be improved w/just a small loss that it's infuriating to see it not done.
Take a moment and consider andy's claim. We know that a gallon of gas or Diesel (named after the inventor of the Diesel engine, Rudolph Diesel) fuel contains a certain amount of energy. Even if we could extract all of it, the typical family car would not get more than 80-100 mpg.

A car engine converts chemical energy into heat, which then causes the combustion gases to expand, driving the parts. Unfortunately, some of this heat (energy) is lost. Friction in the drivetrain robs energy, too.

Suppose that we follow andy's suggestion and drive micro sized cars. Where are you going to put your groceries? Where will you put your rifle or shotgun to go shooting? How are you going to carry a deer home, with a trailer?

Oil cartel conspiracy? Look at the economics. A Honda Accord Hybrid costs $5000 more than the same car in non-hybrid form. Honda and other manufacturers stand to make a lot of cash by offering higher mileage cars.

In a capitalist society, the customer is king. If enough customers wanted andy's dream car, the market would provide it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
There are sooo many ways that mpg could be improved w/just a small loss that it's infuriating to see it not done.
Most of the ways I've heard (other than reducing loads on the engine, such as weight and accessories) would never pass emissions, or it would clog up the catalytic converter. The best way I can think of is covered below...

A Honda Accord Hybrid costs $5000 more than the same car in non-hybrid form.
Honda's concept is flawed, in order to get the full benefit, they should completely disconnect the (gas) motor from the drivetrain, and use the motor purely as a generator. It's a concept similar to what freight trains have been using for years.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
As for as gas, if you pick a fairley effecient car (30 MPG) and commute with one person to work that makes it a 60 MPG car.) Add to that if you just plan your trips to town and drop one trip a day off you can pick up even more savings. And if you have a motorcycle at 50mpg, you get savings there to. There is no reason for 15 mpg trucks and so many people driving to work alone each day. None.

As for Vietnam, I looked at the map, and Iraq sure ins't another Vietnam. Way to many Iraqs are fighting with us, Kurds, Shites, etc... No, it won't be easy (and isn't) but after WW2 we had terrorism in Germany for YEARS (the Nazi Wolvereens, if stupekid would just surf the net some.)

I sure wish stupekid would think before he post. His 500 MPH cars are a laugh. There isn't a road that would take that safely. What a stupe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts