Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes,that would work too.The problem I have with that is that there seems to be a deluge of posts occasionally & sometimes I cannot find the original.With the um....flow some of our posts have they aren't always in the "correct" forum.Knowest that of which I speak?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh yea, you are refering to the occational bits of intresting or useful topics of discussion that come between the ball busting and outright trolling. Thats the nature of things as they are here :)

Teuf,

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
41mag said:
Is there any way to limit the number of new threads per user per day?
Just curious.
Short answer: no.

Long answer: I guess the developers of this message board software never conceived of such an option being necessary for an admin to utilize. The only way you can do what you are implying is by putting a human body between the posters and what is displayed to the public. This software does have the capability to moderate each and every post made here and be approved or disapproved before it becomes public. But I will tell you right now, that I am not going to do something like that. And I can't imagine any admin of a free message board taking the time to do that either. Not unless they have absolutely no other life to live.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Don't blame you Rich. Your sanity takes precedence over everything else.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Too bad you don't KNOW enough, and can't TYPE fast enough to put up more than 2-3 posts a day, ain't it? I've been dealing with envious punks all my life. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The biggest envious punk is the one who looks back at you from the mirror andy.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes andy that is true. However their posts alway contain good information and insightful thought.

While yours contain the same recycled drivel that you have been schlepping around the net for years.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Too bad you don't KNOW enough, and can't TYPE fast enough to put up more than 2-3 posts a day, ain't it? I've been dealing with envious punks all my life. :)
it is a shame you don't even understand the actual issue. If you actually followed the norms for posting, and put related posts in the same thread, in a logical order, there would not be an issue - it would actually facilitate the transfer of knowledge and encourage meaningful discussion.

By scattering everything all over multiple new threads in multiple forums, you make it impossible to logically follow any of the topics you post. You may start a topic in survival, continue it in hunting, respond to it in reloading, and then put the next post in the new users forum. This makes it impossible for anyone, including you, to know where a chain starts or ends. Anyone, especially new users, that see this instantly forms the opinion that you're insane, or at least developmentally challenged. This costs you any credibility you think you have. Small children understand how this works, why can't you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts