Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open carry is legal in quite a few states now. although I don't see it used very often. However, recently a few guy's tested this out by carrying AK clones on a stroll around a small city. 2nd Amendment/ Or being jerks and freaking people out?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Can see the headlines now, town under attack by assault weapon carrying men, 5 news vans, 3 swat teams, NG, FBI, CIA, seal team, choppers in the air. Gives TV something to talk about.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
jerks, making things worse.
Can see the headlines now, town under attack by assault weapon carrying men, 5 news vans, 3 swat teams, NG, FBI, CIA, seal team, choppers in the air. Gives TV something to talk about.
Yep. To me, the open carry debate is much like the drug debate. Both should be legal, but being legal wouldn't make them any less stupid.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
open carry of a pistol is one thing, autorifles another. the pistol is common sense to have with you and few people even notice it. Many just assume that the open carry guy is some kind of cop, too. but the rifles make people very nervous, and rightly so, until such time that we are like the swiss, everybody compelled to be in the militia, rifle matches being every sunday, etc.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I agree, I like it for some thing but these dorks running around like that are a boorish PIA.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
For once, I agree with Gun kid. Carrying a handgun is prudent, easy to transport while carrying out daily activities, easier to deploy in a stressful situation and acceptable to the public, while carrying an AR or AK is going to make you look like an idiot wanting to play Rambo.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Same same. Both should always be legal. That said, why spoil the surprise?? I may or may not have carried similar weapons loaded and in a public way, but I sure as hell didn't do so OC-style...
I think that what at least half of these OC-" activists " are really doing is deliberately trying to turn the undecided " fence sitters" against the RKBA...
Again, OC SHOULD be legal, but we've had too many years of negative conditioning on the part of the Media/Government Complex to change hearts and minds any way but respectfully and gradually.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
No, not me....I'm more of a " partial Borderline Personality/Lower End of Sociopathy Continuum " who generally passes for "an OK sort" :)

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sometimes I think not all of you guys are complete pos's.
I was really stressed out about your opinion of me.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I was really stressed out about your opinion of me.
I may never sleep again :crying:

I get it..in places like say, Texas where they were trying to GET OC of handguns, and OCing long guns as a Point that the mere presence of guns doesnt cause Injuries. The Problem is you got some "Activists" on BOTH Sides of the Issues that on the Anti Side, tried to make mountains out of Mouse Turds, and on "Our" Side..were so EFFING Stupid as to openly make threats against some Politicians over their votes...to the point where OC of handguns in Tx passed by a MUCH thinner margin than was hoped.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I may never sleep again :crying:

I get it..in places like say, Texas where they were trying to GET OC of handguns, and OCing long guns as a Point that the mere presence of guns doesnt cause Injuries. The Problem is you got some "Activists" on BOTH Sides of the Issues that on the Anti Side, tried to make mountains out of Mouse Turds, and on "Our" Side..were so EFFING Stupid as to openly make threats against some Politicians over their votes...to the point where OC of handguns in Tx passed by a MUCH thinner margin than was hoped.
Bingo! A stupid crowd of " friends " cab be as destructive as bigger crowds of enemies.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Bingo! A stupid crowd of " friends " cab be as destructive as bigger crowds of enemies.
The guy who was the biggest issue got kicked out of Open Carry Texas...so he started his own group......and proceeded to undo a LOT of the work OCT did. He was also a Copblocker, who liked to intrude on MV stops open carrying an AK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts