Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering Pizza in 2008 (scary)....

Operator: "Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your national ID number?"

Customer: "Hi, I'd like to place an order."

Operator: "I must have your NIDN first, sir?"

Customer: "My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610."

Operator: "Thank you, Mr. Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number's 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number's 266-2566. Email address is [email protected] Which number are you calling from, sir?"

Customer: "Huh? I'm at home. Where d'ya get all this information?"

Operator: "We're wired into the HSS, sir."

Customer: "The HSS, what is that?"

Operator: "We're wired into the Homeland Security System, sir. This will add only 5 seconds to your ordering time"

Customer: (Sighs) "Oh, well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas."

Operator: "I don't think that's a good idea, sir."

Customer: "Whaddya mean?"

Operator: "Sir, your medical records and commode sensors indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice."

Customer: "What?!?! What do you recommend, then?"

Operator: "You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll like it."

Customer: "What makes you think I'd like something like that?"

Operator: "Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion."

Customer: "All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then."

Operator: "That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids,and your 2 dogs can finish the crusts, sir. Your total is $49.99."

Customer: "Lemme give you my credit card number."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit."

Customer: "I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here."

Operator: "That won't work either, sir. Your checking account's overdrawn also."

Customer: "Never mind! Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?"

Operator: "We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes,sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick 'em up while you're out getting the cash, but then, carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward."

Customer: "Wait! How do you know I ride a scooter?"

Operator: "It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid for and you just filled the tank yesterday"

Customer: Well I'll be a "@#%/[email protected]&?#!"

Operator: "I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 4, 2006 conviction for cussing out a cop and another one I see here on September for contempt at your hearing for cussing at a judge." "Oh yes I see here that you just got out from a 90 day stay in the State Correctional Facility. Is this your first pizza since your return to society?

Customer: (Speechless)

Operator: "Will there be anything else, sir?"

Customer: "Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liters of Coke".

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics. The New Constitution prohibits this.

Thank you for calling Pizza Hut!"

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
The hard part is going to be keeping it from getting that way in the USA.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich Z said:
The hard part is going to be keeping it from getting that way in the USA.
Damned hard, it's close to that now.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
What do we expect, when we have people like Gunkid boasting about getting fake ID's, pulling check scams, etc.

The more of that kind of stuff that goes on, the more it moves us towards a society where technology prevents it. Unfortunately, that means more and more data will be accessable and less and less privacy.

If it wasn't for the scumbags, most of this would not be happening.

It is cause and effect.

Fraud and losses due to identity theft, check schemes, etc. add up to big bucks. When big bucks are involved, things get set in motion.

So, the next time you see or hear someone bragging about a scam or a crime. remind them of what THEY are making happen.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Aslan said:
What do we expect, when we have people like Gunkid boasting about getting fake ID's, pulling check scams, etc.

So, the next time you see or hear someone bragging about a scam or a crime. remind them of what THEY are making happen.

Aslan, I honestly think that these things would have come regardless of the criminality involved. The name of the game is control ... control of the sheeple. Our .gov masters find it convenient to use criminal acts as an excuse to make folks accept it more readily.

Wish I had an answer to stop this from happening but its gone too far now.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
getting secured someplace aint a bad idea, some place with few people, lots of game, fuel, water shelter, some place that you don't have to move far to evade the heat and bugs of summer, or the cold, snow,and ice of winter. I'm in one of the best spots on the face of the Earth, altho SW Oregon would be a bit better, because of salmon-runs, DRY woods, and access to the sea.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Aslan said:
The more of that kind of stuff that goes on, the more it moves us towards a society where technology prevents it. Unfortunately, that means more and more data will be accessable and less and less privacy.

If it wasn't for the scumbags, most of this would not be happening.
I disagree Aslan. We have always had scumbags, and we always will. The solution must be to restrain the evil deeds of the scumbags while maintaining the liberties of the honest, law abiding citizen. Our government either has no concern for our liberties (which I think is the case) or they lack the creativity to come up with effective solutions or both. The government wants us to believe that the only way they can control the scumbags is to restrict the liberties and invade the privacy of everybody, but I reject that notion. It's the same flawed logic of gun control ... whether you've committed a crime or not, we are going to treat you like a criminal and restrict your freedoms which will fix the crime problem. But it never does, does it? It's the honest citizen who suffers, and the criminal just goes on unaffected.

Personally, I think it's because we lack the stomach to do what needs to be done to criminals to deter their behavior. We think it wouldn't be "civilized", and the bleeding hearts come to the rescue of the criminal and say "it's not really their fault, so we can't punish them so harshly". I think our problems could be solved if we followed the Biblical model of punishment and restitution.

Mike

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Yes, we have always had scumbags, and people have always wanted something to be done about them.

However, it is now easier for just one scumbag to affect a larger number of people.

It is also a lot more feasible to do something about them. Unfortunately that something is the wrong thing.

I think we are in agreement that we are heading in a bad direction. It, as always is the reacting to the symptoms instead of reacting to the cause.

I firmly beleive that the correct solution is to make the criminals suffer to the point where they'd be plain stupid to even consider being criminals.

I'm a firm beleiver in an Armed society is a polite society, corporal punishment is a good thing.

The point I was trying to make, is that everything is a knee jerk to what's going on, and each new crime just makes it easier for the wrong remedy to be put in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts