Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pistol. YOu will just miss a lot, and every round you fire, you are responsible for, even after it overpenetrates the man, richochets, etc. It makes far more sense to just haull ass for cover, and for nearly everyone, it makes more sense to do so at 25m, too. Sure you MIGHT, in a blue moon, shtf, somehow "have" to ambush somebody at such a range, to GET his rifle, but you carefully set that up, or you DONT fire, that's all.

If you have to try to suppress a guy's fire, because he's closer to those you have to protect than he is to you, well, you aint being shot at, so you go prone or supine, use cover if you can, and shoot carefully, but any hits you get will be pure luck. You need the same sort of precise practice to hit a bobbing head at 15m as you need to HOPE you can hit the guy SOMEPLACE on his body or limbs, at 75m. So concentrate on that head shots stuff. That's what you might have to do, if you aint got AP ammo, when Big Brother comes for you. Once you know how to get a sight picture, and control your trigger pull, it's all just more of the same. Long range stuff is a BIG waste of valuable range time. You have to go with what's 10 or 100x as likely to be of value to you., REAL speed, inside 10m, and SUPER speed, inside 10n ft.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
You underestimate the ability of others to control their actions during times of extreme stress. Every individual is different, just because you are unable to control your actions, doesn't mean that others are. No form of practice is a waste of time, as you have no idea what scenarios could take place if the balloon ever goes up.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Gunkid is beginning to sound like Ed McGivern with his 'super speed' talk. But Ed was for real. I prefer doers to talkers.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I aint making ANY mistakes, punks. You are. Neither you nor ED ever had even a confrontation. I"ve had a dozen, and scores more that came VERY close. None of them came to gunfire, but some were mere fractions of a second from such. The only shot I had to fire was at a dog, but I've had men at gunpoint 4x, and if they'd twitched, I'd have shot them in the chest, repeatedly. Every last one of those times was 10 ft or less, and most were 6 ft or less.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I was under fire at least 5 times in the Middle East, while on "Peacekeeping" Duty. Canadian definition, they can shoot at you, but your ROE won't allow you to shoot back!

geez, get me a helmet and a couple of beer, the war stories are gonna start!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
So gunkid still has his fantacy gunfights with his make-believe POSCAR and mythical POS cut up Star pistol.

We never know when the ball will start rolling and all we may have is a pistol and no way to E&E. It's not 'trying' 50m fighting with a pistol, it's HAVING to fight 50m gunfights. But having sense to practice and knowing what your pistol can do at 50 or 100m is something lacking in gunkid. After all he as admitted he is a lousy shot past short range and flinches at loud noises. Won't have time to put on ear muffs in a firefight. So gunkid's own words say he will miss and miss.

Unlike gunkid, we can practice all we want at ANY range, any speed, any time!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
andy said:
...Neither you nor ED ever had even a confrontation...
Dangerous assumpition. Some of us, I'd suspect many of us, have.

andy said:
..had men at gunpoint 4x,... ...Every last one of those times was 10 ft or less, and most were 6 ft or less.
Agree there. Only once more than 10 feet or so myself, and that was back in 1979 or 80; all since have been within "room" distance. (Which to me, is substantially scarier.)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the pos I was talking-to never has, John, or he wouldn't talk the stupid shit that he does.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
It must be you, DjetAce, cause I held men under a loaded firearm during my military service.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It makes no sense tard until you find yourself in a fight at that range and all you got on you is a pistol. Better to be prepared for it than letting it surprise you.

Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank You Garand for some Canadian "Mist"

I was under fire at least 5 times in the Middle East, while on "Peacekeeping" Duty. Canadian definition, they can shoot at you, but your ROE won't allow you to shoot back!

geez, get me a helmet and a couple of beer, the war stories are gonna start!
And if it does I want guys like Garand on my side-Andy Andy Andy-what kind of weed have you been smokin'? I'm in a bar-with my Harley outside-my lady with me-we stay for a "Bob Seger" moment or two-the guy I want to be careful not to piss off isn't the loudmouth-he's the quiet guy-real quiet-so I play some Skynryd and offer to by him a beer-because I'd rather be known as a good lover (my lady seems to think so) than a character from one of those goofy Clint "Everywhichway" movies- and Rambo I ain't. Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I believe andy gets out jn 2012. Then he can tell us all the new things he has learned in prisun.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I believe andy gets out jn 2012. Then he can tell us all the new things he has learned in prisun.

Along with how he was running the place and everyone was afraid of him.

Maybe he'll escape again...:rofl:

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
26 October 2010, the fruitcake is back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts