Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the hero ran forward, gun in hand, 10m, so as to shove a lady out of the line of fire and then he got 8 out of10 hits. I heard it was a G26, wussy loads or poor hits, apparently, or it wouldn't have taken 8 of them to shut the guy down. Probably a combo of both. They said Platt was hit 11x, but what they didn't say was that 3 o those were execution shots into his head/neck after he was bled-out and no longer armed. He'd been SOLIDLY hit ONCE of the other 8 hits, thru one lung, after the bullet first went thru his arm. The other hits were buckshot pellets to his feet/ankles, a hit to his back only went about an inch deep. So you cant trust the media to get anything right about a shooting. could easily have been 20 yds, not 30, etc. 6 hits, 12 shots, god knows.

·
Administrator
2,481 Posts
Melvin, considering your record here, I'd actually believe the news media before you.

And what "wussy loads" you mean not your Unobtainium fantasy ammunition?

The point is he did take down the scumbag.

Or do you have an issue with a scumbag criminal dying?

·
Administrator
2,620 Posts
the hero ran forward, gun in hand, 10m, so as to shove a lady out of the line of fire and then he got 8 out of10 hits. I heard it was a G26, wussy loads or poor hits, apparently, or it wouldn't have taken 8 of them to shut the guy down. Probably a combo of both. They said Platt was hit 11x, but what they didn't say was that 3 o those were execution shots into his head/neck after he was bled-out and no longer armed. He'd been SOLIDLY hit ONCE of the other 8 hits, thru one lung, after the bullet first went thru his arm. The other hits were buckshot pellets to his feet/ankles, a hit to his back only went about an inch deep. So you cant trust the media to get anything right about a shooting. could easily have been 20 yds, not 30, etc. 6 hits, 12 shots, god knows.
or he shot until the threat was visibly over. Even when fatal, shots don't instantly appear as such, especially from a pistol - at a target amped up with adrenaline.

30 yards is still a longer shot than you've claimed should be practiced.

I still maintain that a smart person trains for the 1%, so the 99% are easier. If you can quickly and accurately hit at 30 yards, 5 yards is not difficult.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
Is Melvin just mad that a bad man with a gun, was terminated by a good man with a gun? Just one less scum bag the taxpayer has to pay to feed him and keep a roof over his head. That good economics Melvin.

Reactions: BigEd and Dorobuta

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
So will you actually participate in the discussions this time around?
Evidently not; it's much easier to just spew absurdities & run.

For that matter, why so often bring up Platt & Matix..?
...They said Platt was hit 11x, but what they didn't say was that 3 o those were execution shots into his head/neck after he was bled-out and no longer armed. He'd been SOLIDLY hit ONCE of the other 8 hits, thru one lung, after the bullet first went thru his arm. The other hits were buckshot pellets to his feet/ankles, a hit to his back only went about an inch deep. So you cant trust the media to get anything right about a shooting. could easily have been 20 yds, not 30, etc. 6 hits, 12 shots, god knows.
You've called them scumbags and know-nothings, yet bring them up more often than anyone I've encountered on these forums. (Fwiw, they weren't "know-nothings" or noobs when it came to gun stuff; both of them being combat-MOS veterans. Platt was an Army Ranger, a ranger platoon leader for that matter. Matix was a marine sergeant; and then after he left the Marine Corps, he joined the army and ended up in the 101st Airborne, where he became not just an MP but an MP Supervisor. So they were hardly noobs or know-nothings.)

Main thing is, their short-lived life of crime lasted all of one year, nearly 40 years ago. Are there no more modern examples of gunfights, bullet performance, or scumbag losers that you could cite?

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
So will you actually participate in the discussions this time around?
John - this really is disappointing. Once again, just spew words into the air and then run off when someone brings up specifics or contradictions. I've said it before, but it's very much like a TV preacher who shouts words into the camera and then runs off to his dressing room where he can pretend that everyone reveres his 'wisdom'. It's the behavior of someone who's either an insecure coward, or who doesn't actually believe what he just said.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts

For that matter, why so often bring up Platt & Matix..?

You've called them scumbags and know-nothings, yet bring them up more often than anyone I've encountered on these forums. (Fwiw, they weren't "know-nothings" or noobs when it came to gun stuff; both of them being combat-MOS veterans. Platt was an Army Ranger, a ranger platoon leader for that matter. Matix was a marine sergeant; and then after he left the Marine Corps, he joined the army and ended up in the 101st Airborne, where he became not just an MP but an MP Supervisor. So they were hardly noobs or know-nothings.)
Maybe, but proper preparation and planning seemed to ignored once they started their crime spree! In the Canadian Army we call Military Police "Meatheads", there is a reason for this.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've said that nobody'd proven that they could reliably get chest hits beyond 25m, when being SHOT-AT. This30m guy was not being shot-at. He ambushed a guy who was unaware of his presence. BIG diff. His first hit ruined the guy's ability to use his rifle. but it took MANY more hits to actually down him. Not the same thing as being under-fire. Not at ALL. Great shooting, great nerve-control, but stop your effing LYING about what i"ve said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts